MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

XONE DB4: will i automagically get synced loops?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author XONE DB4: will i automagically get synced loops?
odditymedium
with the db4s beat matching bpm algorithms if i feed it my buchla music easel will i get automagically synced loops?

then i dont need to muck around with midi to cv converters and tap tempo and whatnot, right?
unpunk
I think I just emailed you outside of Muff when I meant to reply. Yes. The algorithms are really good (not perfect). The less beat the harder it is to calculate. But this is the best DJ tool on the market for what you want so I do not think you will be disappointed with results. All the superstar DJs beat match on this. BTW NO midi unless you work ITB.
odditymedium
i guess my question is, will my loops be synced though? how do i ensure this without having to stop/start recording super precisely?
Zenn
odditymedium wrote:
i guess my question is, will my loops be synced though? how do i ensure this without having to stop/start recording super precisely?

Not without a midi master clock.
odditymedium
aha

does the db4 not have a clock inside it?

are there cv to midi cables? that i would run from the buchla?
minimalist
Are you interested in the other features of this mixer or just looking for tight loops, because if it's the latter there are some other great options? However the effects on that mixer are great and the input matrix is really versatile. I've said a few times that if A&H sold just the center of that mixer as a 4 channel FX unit, it would do really well.

If you just want tight loops, consider the Pigtronix Infinity pedal. Two loop channels with midi sync. It locks really tight and in the mode I use you can press the switch and it won't start recording until the beginning of the next bar and after you press stop, it stops recording and starts playback from the end of the currently recording bar.
odditymedium
well i just wanna loop my buchla music easel, and not be too bothered about timing it just right

the easel is fantastic for dance music, odd rhythmic signatures, and just straight up techno. i don;t wanna muck around with midi/cv conversion, midi devices, cables, bla di bla,

so i was just looking for the simplest solution

if the db4 can do that, then i get all these amazing other features for "free", if that makes sense, plus i can just straight up DJ, or play techno all night, just with the buchla

so any way i can make the db4 do this?

or to phrase my question differently, what other gear would do this with least hassle?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1