MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Announcing: Fauxmo - a new Ensoniq Fizmo patch editor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Announcing: Fauxmo - a new Ensoniq Fizmo patch editor
dnigrin
I'm happy to announce the availability of Fauxmo, an entirely new Ensoniq Fizmo patch editor / librarian.

It's the first Fizmo editor to support bi-directional editing; background info about its creation (and why it was such a challenge) is on my forum, https://defectiverecords.com/forum/index.php?p=%2Fdiscussion%2F444%2Fa nnouncing-fauxmo-an-ensoniq-fizmo-patch-editor-librarian. Those of you who are impatient can just head to the Fauxmo home page, which includes more details, screenshots, demo video, and purchasing info: https://defectiverecords.com/fauxmo/

Thanks for all the interest, and looking forward to feedback!
mome rath
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

purchased we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
Branko
YES!

Are the controls on the editor assignable to MIDI CCs?
rowsbywoof
This is huge! Thanks for all of your efforts, Dan. I wish today wasn't my crazy day at work, or I'd dive right in on this. I'll be purchasing this ASAP. Really so psyched to see this finished.
dnigrin
Branko wrote:
YES!

Are the controls on the editor assignable to MIDI CCs?

Not currently, no. The software is "bi-directional," meaning that tweaks to the front panel of the Fizmo are conveyed to Faxumo, and vice versa as well. This means that the software's UI is always "in sync" with the synth (this is different from SoundDiver, and a first for any Fizmo editor!).

The info from synth to software occurs via NRPN controller messages. However the other direction, from software to synth, occurs via SysEx messages. This is because only the front panel parameters respond to NRPN continuous controller messages - all of the other "hidden" parameters, including all of the effect parameters as well, only respond to SysEx.

So with that in mind, sending a continuous stream of SysEx data to the Fizmo is not advisable - you're almost guaranteeing that it will lock up. I *might* look into figuring out a way to do this in the future, but for now I'd look at this software as being used for patch creation and editing, and not as a performance tool.
Branko
Understood! Thanks for the detailed response!
bobbylandry
Any idea if this will edit an MR Rack? I’ve heard that a previous Fizmo editor was unintentionally compatible just based on similar architectures.

EDIT: Noticed you had a forum on your site and this was already addressed. So probably not, hasn’t been tried, might get looked into. Cool!
mome rath
spent a little time with this tonight... THANK YOU DAN!!!
dnigrin
mome rath wrote:
spent a little time with this tonight... THANK YOU DAN!!!

Awesome! Glad its working for you and thanks for the purchase!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1