MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is there any way to use "Studio" Headphones wirele
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Is there any way to use "Studio" Headphones wirele
pre55ure
Hope this is ok in General Gear

Due to life circumstances I find that I need to end up using headphones for the majority of my studio time. It's not too much of a bother soundwise - but I find that it makes moving around the room to use different pieces of hardware awkward and annoying. The end result is that I spend more time stationary and staring at my computer monitor.

So my question - is there any way to get a high quality set of headphones and use them wirelessly? I'd prefer not to use my computers bluetooth, as I have stuff routed through my audio interface in a particular way. Could I get a separate bluetooth transmitter and receiver that I can plug into my interface's headphone out and then carry the receiver around with my nice headphones etc? Also I have read some places that bluetooth audio is low quality?

I feel like I can't be the only person with this issue... but I can't really find anything that's not designed for dude at the gym or grandma watching TV on the couch.

Thoughts or suggestions most welcome.
Panason
Also interested but Bluetooth has always sucked hard in any context I have tried it in. ( constantly dropping connection/ signal degradation/ latency) I always went back to wires.

Longer cable?
pre55ure
Panason wrote:
Also interested but Bluetooth has always sucked hard in any context I have tried it in. ( constantly dropping connection/ signal degradation/ latency) I always went back to wires.

Longer cable?

Yeah, tried headphone extension cables but I still end up getting the cable caught on something and ripping the phones off my ears, or rolling over the cable in my chair.

Would really like to find something more elegant.

And yeah. Never had a good experience with bluetooth.
GuyaGuy
Have you looked into a wireless monitor system? They're usually meant for live in-ear monitoring but could also work for this and use old school radio tech rather than bluetooth. Systems aren't super cheap but used prices are reasonable.
pre55ure
I have not. Do you mean like in ear monitor type of things? Do you happen to have a name of a system or know where I might look to find out more info about these? Im willing to spend some money on this if I can find something that will really work well.
Illiac
What’s your budget? Cheapest solution would just be Apple wireless buds. Also, AIAIAI makes a Bluetooth headband with custom configurable headphone drivers/ ear pads. Alternatively, you could run a wireless pack/ receiver setup (as used with stage IEMs) and use whatever studio headphones you please.
GuyaGuy
pre55ure wrote:
I have not. Do you mean like in ear monitor type of things? Do you happen to have a name of a system or know where I might look to find out more info about these? Im willing to spend some money on this if I can find something that will really work well.

Something like this

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/galaxy-audio-as-1400-wireles s-personal-monitor-system/j57077000001000

You can just plug your interface’s out into the transmitter. The receivers come with earbuds since they’re mostly for singers to use live but you can plug in any headphones you want. It would mean clipping the receiver to your pocket or waistband or somewhere. So if you’re naked in the studio it may not be ideal.
pre55ure
Illiac wrote:
Alternatively, you could run a wireless pack/ receiver setup (as used with stage IEMs) and use whatever studio headphones you please.

GuyaGuy wrote:
You can just plug your interface’s out into the transmitter. The receivers come with earbuds since they’re mostly for singers to use live but you can plug in any headphones you want. It would mean clipping the receiver to your pocket or waistband or somewhere. So if you’re naked in the studio it may not be ideal.

Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions. This seems to answer my question of how to do this. w00t
dubonaire
pre55ure wrote:
Illiac wrote:
Alternatively, you could run a wireless pack/ receiver setup (as used with stage IEMs) and use whatever studio headphones you please.

GuyaGuy wrote:

Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions. This seems to answer my question of how to do this. w00t

Have a look at Sennheiser's wireless offerings. They have a good range of in-ear and on/over ear wireless headphones. You should be looking for headphones with Bluetooth 4.0 and Qualcomm aptX https://www.aptx.com.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1