MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Slew / Lag
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Slew / Lag
Tajnost
Can't find anything on the web so decided to ask - is there a lag processor / slew limiter module in Bugbrand world or maybe there're ways to get such functionality with other modules?

No no! I don't need portamento lead out of BB, but want to make a "smooth", lfo-like modulation source out of from my sequencer.
T. Jervell
According to the SynthVoice manual the; «Low-pass corresponds to integration and functions like a Voltage-Controlled Glide when resonance is set to minimum.» so I guess you could use one of the dual filters to smoothen out your stepped voltages w00t
BugBrand
Yes, left-hand of Dual Filter can do some slew functioning in Sub range.

I did come up with a specific slew module a while back but it still has issues which I haven't been able to overcome. Shame 'cos it can also act as an oscillator.
chrisdermo
BugBrand wrote:
Yes, left-hand of Dual Filter can do some slew functioning in Sub range.

I did come up with a specific slew module a while back but it still has issues which I haven't been able to overcome. Shame 'cos it can also act as an oscillator.

MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Tajnost
Thanks for suggestions! I've just checked this with my older PRC3A filter.

It works. With Res and Freq on minimum it gives very fast "glide" type of effect in LP and NT filter modes. However, the lag time is too fast and don't let me do slow, "lfo-like" smoothing.

In that particular patch I have a random sequence running with clock devided by 9 = super slow, and it modulates some wavetable parameters in Orgone Accumulator, so the idea was to have very slow "endless random" modulations. But I came to another solution: just to mix seq cv with lfo / env cv clocked by the same sequencer. Works in different way, by provides quite nice results...
BugBrand
Tajnost wrote:
Thanks for suggestions! I've just checked this with my older PRC3A filter.

It works. With Res and Freq on minimum it gives very fast "glide" type of effect in LP and NT filter modes. However, the lag time is too fast and don't let me do slow, "lfo-like" smoothing.

You *might* be able to use a negative CV to bring the cutoff down below what the main knob allows - on the Dual Filter the Sub mode switches in larger filter caps to shift the range downwards.
Tajnost
BugBrand wrote:
You *might* be able to use a negative CV to bring the cutoff down below what the main knob allows - on the Dual Filter the Sub mode switches in larger filter caps to shift the range downwards.

Nice! Any tip where I can take constant negative CV in my BB rack?
dude
can you get/take a negative fixed offset/output from a joystick or something similar?
BugBrand
Tends to be easier with the more recent designs which have attenuverting control inputs - in that case I'd often use a non-running clock divider active output (ie. if on it'll be at +10V).
Could run such through a 2 or 4 channel DC mixer to invert + mix with another modulation signal to adjust the slew.
T. Jervell
BugBrand wrote:
Tends to be easier with the more recent designs which have attenuverting control inputs - in that case I'd often use a non-running clock divider active output (ie. if on it'll be at +10V).
Could run such through a 2 or 4 channel DC mixer to invert + mix with another modulation signal to adjust the slew.

Hah! What a great idea Tom!! Why haven’t I thought of that earlier hmmm.....
syncretism
BugBrand wrote:

That’s an interesting idea: disable one of the dual dividers, hit “reset,” and it will stay high indefinitely while the other one, if active, divides incoming clock? Do I have that right? I think I saw that behavior when last I played with the divider, but this possibility eluded me. Now I have a latch voltage for logic modules. Pretty cool!
BugBrand
Yes, you can switch off the right-hand divider by setting it's clock switch to the central/off position. Reset does indeed take the output(s) high.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1