MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Selfish Want: A BugBrand Mic-Pre
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Selfish Want: A BugBrand Mic-Pre
rowsbywoof
For the past several months I've had a thought that won't go away... I want a BugBrand channel strip! Tom, you've already made a wonderful compressor, and the PEQ/Crossover Filter is amazing... Ever thought of doing a BugBrand take on a mic-pre for the Reds? I know... Haha, you have a million things on your plate and that's the last thing you probably want to spend your time on, but I can't help but think your take on a mic preamp would be killer.

I can dream, right? wink
syncretism
My PEQ is basically welded to the insert points of my Safe Sound Audio Tracking Toolbox; I know just what you mean. BugBrand's mojo sounds so, so good.
BugBrand
It has somewhat crossed my mind at times though not particularly recently - especially the idea of a channel strip (long wanted to do a smaller mono compressor)

I've never quite got my head around mic-pres (though have made a couple of 500 series kits & looked at various approaches) - I personally don't use mics very often, though have DIs on each of the 500 series ones which do get used a bit.

I have got a proto DI input preamp (just circuit, not module) to test build sometime soon as I want to get guitar into the modular (personal project partly at this stage) - I guess the idea of some sort of general 'driver' would be cool.

Ought to get the PEQ revised and into the world again.
rowsbywoof
If you ever wanted to try a mono compressor or EQ in 500 series, I've got some slots I can open up on a lunchbox, stat! Haha.

A BugBrand channel strip would be an amazing proposition. If things ever do pick up on that again, I'd be super excited. And, yeah, A DI/Mic driver module would be equally as exciting.

Glad I'm not the only one that's been thinking this. wink Maybe one day.
shred
rowsbywoof wrote:
... I want a BugBrand channel strip! )

YES. I would love this as well thumbs up
T. Jervell
BugBrand wrote:
Ought to get the PEQ revised and into the world again.

That would be GREAT, Tom w00t nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!
/\/\/\/
A tasty guitar-level DI would be very nice to have! I've tried various setups for years and never been quite satisfied...
syncretism
BugBrand wrote:

I have got a proto DI input preamp (just circuit, not module) to test build sometime soon as I want to get guitar into the modular (personal project partly at this stage) - I guess the idea of some sort of general 'driver' would be cool.

A very hi-Z preamp would be a boon for your piezo mic-inclined customers!
Delepathy
syncretism wrote:

A very hi-Z preamp would be a boon for your piezo mic-inclined customers!

Yes! That would be great!
odditymedium
i'll sign up for a standalone mono compressor

will go well with the easel
thermisonic
There’s an Eventide pedal with a mic pre, DI and effects loop. Its a clever design if you wanted a starting point and would be a good partner for bug effects boxes
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1