MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Good modules for audio manipulation
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Good modules for audio manipulation
Yebah
Hi there.

I'm trying to get a good use of ES-6 and therefore I'm looking for a good module to manipulate incoming audio from Ableton (pitch change, amplitude, etc.. transforming audio into something crazy hehe).. my system is very small and I don't want to be more than 84hp so what would you suggest?

thank you
cptnal
Something granular, perhaps? Morphagene may be a bit large for that system, so maybe one of the smaller Clouds builds?
Yebah
cptnal wrote:
Something granular, perhaps? Morphagene may be a bit large for that system, so maybe one of the smaller Clouds builds?

thank you very much mate! Clouds sounds amazing for its price! smile
Yebah
It seems discontinued. Are the black versions DIY versions? Do you know if the results are the same as the original?
lisa
Synthrotek Roboto!

”Vocoder, pitch shifter, speak-n-spell effect, vibrato, 8-bit modulator and a bit crusher” in 8hp. screaming goo yo
pugix
I have an original Clouds, and also the Microcell with superparasites firmware.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/grayscale-microcell-ucell-%C2%B5cell-mic ro-supercell-aluminum-panel

http://pugix.com/synth/grayscale-microcell-diy/

The Microcell has both 1V/octave and FM inputs for the pitch.
Agawell
Yebah wrote:
It seems discontinued. Are the black versions DIY versions? Do you know if the results are the same as the original?

black versions are DIY or built DIY clones

theoretically they should be identical - but that doesn't mean they are

also there is no support from Mutable for DIY clones of their modules - so if you have a problem it's up to you + forums and whoever came out with the clone
benofbrown
I have a Monsoon, which is a Clouds clone with more parameters and CV control. I'm pretty much in love with it, fantastic for droney stuff.
sduck
I bet you could fit a morphagene and a monsoon into there - if not, either get a bigger case or skip the monsoon. The morphagene is my new favorite audio mangler.
Schrank
2HP released a new granular module: http://www.twohp.com/modules/grain
Richard deHove
It's not small but you're getting a huge amount of functionality and mangling potential per hp. The Angle Grinder can be many things:

MachineHum
+1 for Clouds!
EATyourGUITAR
do I understand correctly you are sending audio from the computer to the modular and recording the audio back on the computer? or is the modular being used as a tracking front end for live recording? it makes a huge difference what I would suggest. also, maybe tell us what kind of instruments or music you plan to send through the modular? everytime I transformed audio into something crazy it was in the computer. everytime I made a crazy sound it was without a computer. maybe I am biased towards using the computer to process audio. it does such an amazing job anyway.
paults
all good things come to those who wait

andybizarre
hmmm..... Hmmm, if I were you, I would put the ES3/6 combo to good use and send audio and/or modulation to VCVRack, see which effect suits me best and buy a hardware module afterwards.
robotsounds
paults wrote:
all good things come to those who wait

Waiting patiently cool
CaneMan
This seems like a perfect case for Warps https://mutable-instruments.net/modules/warps/.
spilthyfred
If you like feedback I might suggest the Bastl/Casper Electronics Dark Matter. It is amazing.

Just last night I fed a drum loop from Ableton into it with my ES-3 and created a nice feedback track to layer back in with the original drums in my Ableton project. You can do all sorts of awesome stuff with Dark Matter.
Chopper
CaneMan wrote:
This seems like a perfect case for Warps https://mutable-instruments.net/modules/warps/.

THIS. With parasite firmware...
Estes
Richard deHove wrote:
It's not small but you're getting a huge amount of functionality and mangling potential per hp. The Angle Grinder can be many things:

I’ve been watching this for some time now. I was wondering if it can work well for subtile sound processing? Or is the angle grinder hard to be tamed?
spilthyfred
+1 for Monsoon (expanded clouds). The Lo Fi Junky is fun too..
Richard deHove
Estes wrote:
Richard deHove wrote:

I’ve been watching this for some time now. I was wondering if it can work well for subtile sound processing? Or is the angle grinder hard to be tamed?

With a gentle touch it can be a sweet PWM unit
felix le chat
Yebah wrote:
I'm trying to get a good use of ES-6 and therefore I'm looking for a good module to manipulate incoming audio from Ableton (pitch change, amplitude, etc.. transforming audio into something crazy hehe).. my system is very small and I don't want to be more than 84hp so what would you suggest?

Not sure what you mean by "crazy" nor if you want to use this module for processing external sounds only or also use it for synthesis with your other modules, but in both cases a compact wavefolder/waveshaper/distortion could be great (if this is really what you need)
AnalogOutput
I agree with the MN suggestions above if that’s all the space that’s left

parasabda
+1 on the clouds, but depending on your style you might like the 4ms DLD over the Morphogen. Its my go to module for processing external sounds, looping, glitching and other rhythmic delay effects you will have a hard time creating in the computer.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2