MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New project: Dual VCO for Eurorack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author New project: Dual VCO for Eurorack
Synthbuilder
The ASV's VCO circuitry as a 14HP euro module:

Surface mount for the most part but like my other Eurorack projects it's the larger 0805 and SOIC parts.

Builder's Guide should be online towards the end of the week.

http://www.oakleysound.com/DVCO-e.htm

Tony
Pav
I see more smd in my future ... the writing is on the wall very frustrating very frustrating
Ordered mine though hihi
Synthbuilder
Pav wrote:
I see more smd in my future ... the writing is on the wall very frustrating very frustrating

Sadly we are losing quite a few good through hole parts as the world moves towards increasingly smaller electronics. But through hole parts will continue to exist and I'll endeavour to keep the 5U stuff going as long as I can.

That said, I rather enjoy the surface mount assembly process. It takes me about the same time to populate the board. The real bonus though is that the waste is a lot less and there's a lot less solder and flux fumes to deal with. I got Specsavers as part of their get two for one deals to make me a pair of reading specs that are good at four inches distance. These are perfect for SMD assembly. Some folk use these sorts of things:

https://uk.farnell.com/lightcraft/lc1770/led-magnifier-2-5x-mag/dp/244 2795

Probably should try and get some before they sell out.

Tony
Pav
I will add these to my next farnell order. With the flanger and sequencer pot board smd work completed i feel I have lost my smd cherry so to speak, and to be fair , confidence has now grown. This is why i was happy to place an additional order.
tvh
I got a set of those with the interchangeable lenses from Amazon and they replaced my reading glasses when soldering. The little light is very useful.
Pav
The led and lenses headset arrived today and I can confirm my ability to inspect my smd ic soldering has improved considerably. It's cheap and I can use with my prescription glasses.
Pav
Hi, Any Hfe value recommendation for BC850 /860 .? .. appears some choices @Farnell
Synthbuilder
Pav wrote:
Any Hfe value recommendation for BC850/860

B or C, it doesn't matter in the D-VCO. Just like the BC550/560s used in the through hole Oakley modules, if it doesn't give the suffix in the parts list then the grade should make no difference.

I'll make them C types in the parts list to save any confusion. I used C types in my prototypes.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1