MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Desktop into Eurorack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> KOMA Elektronik  
Author Desktop into Eurorack
JM Midnight
I have the KOMA Field Kit and Field Kit FX for desktop. I want to get the eurorack faceplates for both and put both devices into my rack, but I just can't figure out how to get the modules out of their enclosures. I see no screws or nuts or bolts or anything. The desktops are hermetic as I can see. I don't want to bust the cases and I don't think wrenching the desktop faceplates would work without damaging them. Should I pop off all the knobs and maybe that would loosen the desktop face? What kind of tools will I need to free the modules from the cases? I don't know what I should do.
Revok
The pcb's are mounted to the box and the panels are mounted to the top pcb using the jacks. If you remove all of the nuts, the panel can be removed. Once it's off you'll see some screws mounting the boards to the box. You might need to change some jumpers for eurorack power. Check the manual.
JM Midnight
Revok wrote:
The pcb's are mounted to the box and the panels are mounted to the top pcb using the jacks. If you remove all of the nuts, the panel can be removed. Once it's off you'll see some screws mounting the boards to the box. You might need to change some jumpers for eurorack power. Check the manual.
I figured it out. To remove the desktop faceplate, you have to use a plastic hex-socket on the hex nuts and lift the plate off the pcb. Okay... I feel dumb now.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> KOMA Elektronik  
Page 1 of 1