MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Filter set-up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Filter set-up
eljay
I've just completed the ASV including calibration and filter set-up. Excellent results.

I was really pleased with the ease of setting up the filter using a Spectrum Analyser, I used the free one that comes with Ableton and I was very happy with how simple to use this method is. I have all the Oakley filters and have always wanted a simple way to set them all up for optimum effect. Is their a generic method using the Spectrum analyser that I can use to set-up all of my other Oakley filters?
Synthbuilder
eljay wrote:
I have all the Oakley filters and have always wanted a simple way to set them all up for optimum effect. Is there a generic method using the Spectrum analyser that I can use to set-up all of my other Oakley filters?

Spectrum analysers are very useful tools but their use in calibrating filters is usually confined to setting scaling, ie. the volts per octave calibration, on filters that can't self oscillate. Any self-oscillating filter is normally more easily calibrated with a standard tuner or by ear.

As such the Croglin, SVF and both phasers can be set up with a spectrum analyser. It's useful to listen to the output as you tweak so as to correlate what you are seeing with what you are hearing.

The sine wave and pulse wave on the VCO can be adjusted with a spectrum analyser very nicely - although you can get pretty damn close to the exact spot just by using your ears alone.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1