MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Elektron Octatrack / A4 MIDI mystery
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Elektron Octatrack / A4 MIDI mystery
r05c03
Ok here is what I am trying to do. I controlling my MI Rings with the Octatrack via MIDI through an intelligel uMIDI. I route the audio from Rings into the A4 track 4 to use the A4’s effects. I would like to take advantage of the amp and filter envelopes on the A4 track 4 as well. When I set the uMIDI and track 4 of the A4 to receive MIDI from channel 3 from the OT I get response from the Rings but not the A4 (no envelopes triggered). When I set both devices to receive MIDI on channel 2 from the OT both the A4 and Rings works. WTH. Why?
KaOsphere
Not sure what is happening here but some things to check :

- have you verified the perf and auto channel on the A4 ? You are maybe recieving here, on the active track ?

- Have you tried every other channel ? For exemple midi ext with the a4/ak minikeys and keys does not output midi if set to ch16 and auto none. This is ( was ?) a bug.

- Are you using midi tracks on the ot or trigs from audio tracks ?
The ot is shifted by one octave compared to the a4, if you have kb splits or multimaps that could be a source for errors.

- Have you a way to monitor midi messages ? I just have this little midigal in a corner and it does not get used everyday but it shines everytime I have a situation like this ! smile Prevents hours of headache !

I feel you here, midi troubleshooting is sometimes painfull especially when you can't figure if the problem comes from human mistake or hardware bugs/faults...Etc...
r05c03
Damn, I wish I was in front of my rig right now so that I could take a look see at your suggestions...

KaOsphere wrote:
Not sure what is happening here but some things to check :

- have you verified the perf and auto channel on the A4 ? You are maybe recieving here, on the active track ?

#I will check this. Yesterday Auto channel should be set to 11 on all my gear. My OT is the brain of the rig, and sends out pattern/bank change info on that channel.

- Have you tried every other channel ? For exemple midi ext with the a4/ak minikeys and keys does not output midi if set to ch16 and auto none. This is ( was ?) a bug.

# I have tried switching the channel. when using channel 3, only the uMIDI seems to respond to messages sent from the OT, either using the chromatic keyboard mode or sequenced notes. When I switch both the uMIDI and A4 to channel 2 both the A4 and uMIDI respond and behave as I want them too. Typically I have another piece of gear on channel 2, and I sort of want to keep it that way, so perhaps I will set the uMIDI and A4 to receive on channel 1 and move on from there.

- Are you using midi tracks on the ot or trigs from audio tracks ?
The ot is shifted by one octave compared to the a4, if you have kb splits or multimaps that could be a source for errors.

#none of these in effect so far as I know.

- Have you a way to monitor midi messages ? I just have this little midigal in a corner and it does not get used everyday but it shines everytime I have a situation like this ! smile Prevents hours of headache !

I feel you here, midi troubleshooting is sometimes painfull especially when you can't figure if the problem comes from human mistake or hardware bugs/faults...Etc...

Thanks for the reply. I have work around...but a big part of me want to sleuth out what the actual problem is so I can claim to understand it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1