MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roland UM One , any other Roland interfaces ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Roland UM One , any other Roland interfaces ?
h4ndcrafted
I bought this interface the other day, mainly because I found the midi on my Roland sys 1m to be so solid.

I’m really impressed , it seems to have minimal jitter and be very solid for transfer. I think Roland drivers must be pretty good, on Mac at least.

I don’t see that Roland has released multi midi interface , is there a more recent one? I know people rate the sbx-1 , but that is single I/O as far as I remember.
Notron fn
Yeah, i think they stopped making the Edirol UM-550 & UM-880s a while ago.

They still seem to work great for me (two um-880 units) with the core midi drivers on Mojave. Hopefully they'll still work with Catalina.

The timing is pretty solid with the timestamping in logic.
dubonaire
h4ndcrafted wrote:
I bought this interface the other day, mainly because I found the midi on my Roland sys 1m to be so solid.

I’m really impressed , it seems to have minimal jitter and be very solid for transfer. I think Roland drivers must be pretty good, on Mac at least.

I don’t see that Roland has released multi midi interface , is there a more recent one? I know people rate the sbx-1 , but that is single I/O as far as I remember.

It seems Roland has discontinued its midi interface line. It's a shame really. I've only recently come to learn that its products are super stable.
h4ndcrafted
Ah well that sucks, maybe I’ll have to give my instruments personal um ones ?
I have no idea how stable in class compliant mode though ? So let’s hope they keep up on the drivers.
dubonaire
h4ndcrafted wrote:
Ah well that sucks, maybe I’ll have to give my instruments personal um ones ?
I have no idea how stable in class compliant mode though ? So let’s hope they keep up on the drivers.

I'm happy with the iConnectivity Mio10.
h4ndcrafted
Yes a Mio was my second choice, I will need to get a multi interface, heard good things. Cheers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1