MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MPC 1000 MIDI Clock Problem
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author MPC 1000 MIDI Clock Problem
babysam
I've noticed that when tracking into abelton using the MPC 1000 as the external clock that the tempo in abelton starts to slip out of sync. It'll drift about half a beat up and below.

I really love the way this sounds, but it can make it hard to line the tempo back up since when I go back into the DAW ableton will use it's own internal clock and Ill have to warp everything to that which is undesirable.

I've basically just been tracking out of a mixer into a Zoom, but would like to try multi tracking back to abelton and am wondering if there is a way I can preserve or record the MPC tempo in that.
francoprussian
Are you sending any other MIDI data out of the port that sends the clock?
babysam
Thanks @francoprussian

Yes, I'm using the MPC as a sequencer for a few other synths and then going out of a synth into the interface.
francoprussian
That's why you get clock drift. Chaining MIDI devices is not recommended for good timing. Also Ableton is not brilliant at keeping up with an external clock anyway. Try using one MIDI output of the MPC only for clock, going straight into the computer.
babysam
Thank you @francoprussian

The MPC has two out clocks so would you recommend one of those go into the interface and the other chain into the synths?
francoprussian
Yes, that's what i said above in the last message there.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1