MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Re-corder breath controller
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Re-corder breath controller
Praxis
Has anyone any thoughts on this? It looks as though it might be a cheap way of getting breath control to midi instruments and comes with an optional Bluetooth receiver for control of modular systems. The fingering can be customised, so no need to learn the recorder.
Koekepan
Does this thing remind anyone of that spoof video that was going around some time ago of a recorder player sad about the monophony of his instrument?

I can't find it, but I'm sure it was featured on some sonicstate episode.
mckenic
Yeah I backed it - 55 quid to add some different expression and as an alternative to guitar and keys as input sources seems good to me. And its an all or nothing campaign so thats good too.

Tin whistle was beaten into us in school - so it would be good to put some of that knowledge to use on Kontact sample libs.
strettara
Sounds good actually. I'm a recorder player myself, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
starthief
I think I'd have backed it when I first heard of it, except:

- iOS-only software right now with Android "later" is something I've heard before. The Android version was months after the hardware shipped, and lacked some features. I'm wary of that happening again.

- No details on the Eurorack module in terms of release date, price, size, latency etc.
Praxis
starthief wrote:
I think I'd have backed it when I first heard of it, except:

- iOS-only software right now with Android "later" is something I've heard before. The Android version was months after the hardware shipped, and lacked some features. I'm wary of that happening again.

- No details on the Eurorack module in terms of release date, price, size, latency etc.

All of these points are addressed in the FAQs here. I’m also slightly wary, but for only 62 Euro I’m willing to take a chance. The Eurorack module is 8hp and costs 160 Euro, latency is 4-7ms, and the software is compatible with Windows, OSX, Android and IOS. I think it’s good value for a breath controller for use with midi apps and daws - not so sure about using it with a modular, as I’ve yet to see a decent demo video - it’s something I might consider adding later.
evilspock
Another backer here. I'm only comfortable backing projects by people that have a legitimate track record of actually manufacturing products, and in this case it is the main guy behind soundmachines, the Italian synth company, so I was in. (Still tempted by that lovely looking MODULÖR114.)

https://cdm.link/2019/10/recorder-reboot/

Kilpatrick Phenol, MODAL CRAFTsynth 2.0, let's go three for three!
Stides
Also a backer... my kids are excited for it to use with ipad, I’m excited for using it with the modular lol
Praxis
New video here
dubonaire
Thanks for sharing this. I just backed it.
ersatzplanet
If you want to make your own breath controller is is a very simple thing to make. Basically all you have to do is put a LED on one side of a flap in an pipe, and a photocell on the other side. As you blow, the flap opens and allows more light to hit the photocell. Totally analogue. Buy the parts or break apart a Vactrol and use its parts.
Praxis
Fully funded with three days to spare - grab one at discount price while you can
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1