MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

E350 Morphing Terrarium - Frac panels - interest?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author E350 Morphing Terrarium - Frac panels - interest?
BugBrand
By request of Ekofisk.

& regarding the E350 Morphing Terrarium DIY kits thread
with a little dash of the E340 & E350 in Frac thread

It would not be hard for me to get panels made in my standard fashion for anyone wanting to DIY in Frac.
I would like to gauge interest before doing much more.

Here are some rough specs:

My style: 3mm PCB material - blue coloured with with lettering.

Holes would likely be:
Pots - 7mm
Switches - 6.5mm
Sockets - 8mm

Note that the socket holes would then require specific minijacks due to their size - these are the ones I used to use for minijack modules and they have the same diameter hole as the banana sockets I use.

Rough costings given the number of people interested:
10 people -> £12 per panel + shipping
20+ people -> £8 per panel + shipping

So, throwing it out there..
Would people be interested?
Fidgit
how about a bugbrand modular style frac version (with banana)?! hmmm.....
ng
I'll take one.
Cat-A-Tonic
BugBrand wrote:

Note that the socket holes would then require specific minijacks due to their size - these are the ones I used to use for minijack modules and they have the same diameter hole as the banana sockets I use.

Other 3.5mm jacks like the kobiconn style switching jacks work fine on BugBrand panels too,
but you will want some washers like the ones Blacet uses.

I'm guessing your version of the E350 panel wouldn't have room for the extra switches and jacks for those mods right?
darenager
Count me in for both, if you want to borrow my E350 for measurements let me know thumbs up
darenager
It might be possible to fit the mod switches on the 2fw panel as it is a bit wider than the Euro panel, bit tight but possibly doable.
fluxmonkey
working on my frac outline last nite... note that if you use the board-mounted switches to mount the PCB to the faceplate, the clearance between the panel and PCB for pots and jacks is very close. my usual kobikon jacks, for instance, would not have fit.

an alternative would be to mount the PCB boards using the mounting hardware that holds the sandwich of boards together. that would probably require a re-working of the pot & jack layout.
emergencyofstate
I'm in for one Tom.
miditerranean
Fidgit wrote:

+1 nanners
emergencyofstate
miditerranean wrote:
Fidgit wrote:

+1 nanners

>Tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe it'll be up to us whether to set it up for banana or mini-jack. Tom would just be providing the blue frac sized panels printed and drilled for DIYers.
D/A A/D
Hmmm, I want a E350 for my frac no matter what... I just would hate this to derail Paul's plans...
BugBrand
I'm gradually moving forwards with making a small(ish) run in Bug-Frac

--> 2 FW panel with the addition of attenuators for Mods X/Y/Z + switches for the two option mods (glitch and phase)

This requires a PCB front panel PLUS a PCB to hold the panel parts - the E350 kit boards then sandwich behind these.

I may be able to spare some front-panels but, of course, they will have the extra bits described.

wetwetsuit
Is there a way to pre-order or get on a wait list for a mini-jack frac e350?
BugBrand
The way I'm choosing to approach this probably means that I'm not currently planning any minijack ones, sorry. The panels are being made as shown above and I'm opting for an extra PCB behind the panel to hold all the hardware and also have standoffs to hold the E350 boards (parallel so that the whole thing is still shallow).

Hopefully I'll be getting a couple of the kits shortly and can then see whether my plans actually fit together correctly!
wetwetsuit
Nuts to that, then.
paults
Minijack? 3.5mm? WTF??
dan_p
paults wrote:
Minijack? 3.5mm? WTF??

It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!
paults
I was trying to say: what is a "minijack"? If not 3.5mm, then what exactly?

Are the BugBrand modules not 3.5mm jacked?
BugBrand
BugBrand is bananas!
werock
Nope, Bananas (there are a few 3.5mm versions around).

sad banana
Entrainer
paults wrote:

Are the BugBrand modules not 3.5mm jacked?

nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! sad banana Dead Banana Dead Banana
paults
Hmm....

Did anyone ever do a FPE Frac panel? Actuall send off for one?
wetwetsuit
Did anybody make an e350 in frac with 3.5mm jacks?
BugBrand
I got just a few kits of Paul.S. (super-service!) to check my design approaches out -- here are the results:::

As you know I like modules to be shallow hence the parallel approach::

Ekofisk
Really nice! Well done.

Can´t wait.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2