MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ideas for modulation weirdness on the K2???
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Ideas for modulation weirdness on the K2???
PeterRabbit
Hi guys, Just bought the K2 and it sounds great but I'd like to get a bit more experimental with patching ideas. i am useless at creating cool sounding, weird modulation, most of mine just sounds awful waah

Any suggestions how to create weird and wonderful patches using the K2 / MS20 set-up? I love all those modulation sounds used on Chemical Brothers records but i can't seem to reproduce them well.
heckadecimal69
My favorite thing to do with the MS20 is run drums through the ESP with filter(s) being tracked by the amplitude via ESP.

As for using like a synth and modulation, I can only say to experiment. I do need to use it as a synth more but I just love the nastiness it does to drums.
heckadecimal69
Chemical Bros might well have been using external stuff to modulate too (SQ-10) and now that I think about it I should just get one of those mini ones...
Annwn
One of my standby MS-20 tricks is to route EG1 out to EG1 Trig In. This turns EG1 into an audio rate LFO or an LFO with interesting shapes if you play with the Delay, Attack & Release times. You then route the EG1 REV out to whatever you like. Very fun for gnarly FM effects.
Chopper
Annwn wrote:
One of my standby MS-20 tricks is to route EG1 out to EG1 Trig In. This turns EG1 into an audio rate LFO or an LFO with interesting shapes if you play with the Delay, Attack & Release times. You then route the EG1 REV out to whatever you like. Very fun for gnarly FM effects.

THIS.
and again, learn how the ESP works (as in, what the outputs do), and feed it various things in order to generate interesting envs/mods and trigger signals...
PeterRabbit
Thank you for the ideas, will have to spend some time experimenting more with the synthesizer for sure
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1