MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

LFO that can do Magic
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author LFO that can do Magic
gill555
So I am trying to find an LFO that I can trigger to do 1 quarter note out of 4 beats. I just want to modulate the end of the sound/phrase/loop.
I'm thinking Quad Pingable LFO might be able to do this. Any Ideas?
electricanada
You'll probably need a clock divider to tell the LFO which beat to fire on.
gill555
That is maybe 1 part I can mull over, but I still need the actual LFO that is clockable while being able to triggered like an envelope and not cycling. That's a big order I think.
So with the clock divider I get my timing and triggers. Step one done.
Thanks
nostalghia
Pam's New Workout can do it in one module. Use one of its 8 outputs as your main clock source (set to output Gate with 50% width). Set another output to a time division that is 1/4 of the other output (you're using for clocking), so it runs four times slower.

For example, set the "clock" out to "x4" (4x the main tempo) and the "LFO" output to "x1" (or use "x1" for clock, "/4" for LFO). Next, set the "LFO" output to a triangle or sine (or gate if you want a square wave LFO). Set its delay divisor parameter to 4. That will make it land on the 4th beat of the clock instead of the 1st. You also have phase and delay percentages to play with. PNW is a very versatile modulation source, not just a "clock with 8 outs" like the original version kinda was. Can also output basic envelope shape if that's what you want.
Manual has details: https://busycircuits.com/docs/alm017-manual.pdf

Only negative might be that it only provides unipolar LFOs-cycle doesn't go into negative voltage range (not bipolar). Not an issue for many LFO applications, or you could use an offset/attenuverter module if you need bipolar LFO.

PS-you'd likely get more responses posting over in the Eurorack Modules subforum since things are generally more active there (assume that's the format you want based on QPLFO mention).
electricanada
gill555 wrote:
That is maybe 1 part I can mull over, but I still need the actual LFO that is clockable while being able to triggered like an envelope and not cycling. That's a big order I think.
So with the clock divider I get my timing and triggers. Step one done.
Thanks

There are many options. Maths and Stages will do it, along with many other things.
gill555
That might be what I'm looking for. It's got small foot print, and could replace my Abstract Data OctoController.
Great, Many thanks
authorless
You could run literally any LFO into a VCA and open the VCA any time you want to let the LFO through.
GuyaGuy
authorless wrote:
You could run literally any LFO into a VCA and open the VCA any time you want to let the LFO through.

This is how I do it, just using a sequencer to open the VCA on step 4.
MindMachine
authorless wrote:

I like to do that and open the VCA with a manual gate:

http://www.doepfer.de/a164.htm
D_Robot
gill555 wrote:
So I am trying to find an LFO that I can trigger to do 1 quarter note out of 4 beats. I just want to modulate the end of the sound/phrase/loop.
I'm thinking Quad Pingable LFO might be able to do this. Any Ideas?

If you mean triggering an LFO on the fourth beat a quad switch will do it for you.

Simply run your clock and LFO into the switch and the fourth out to the destination.

If you mean triggering the last quarter of the fourth beat, i.e the sixteenth, then two quad switches or an SSM will get you there.
Leverkusen
The 4ms PEG can do this alongside with CV over shape and frequency via division/multiplication of the incoming clock. It can do much more of course and is not very small. I just built it for shape changing envelopes that can be time synced.

But I think I did not really understand your aim - why don't you just use and envelope?
ZargZorg
PNW, can do this as much more, such a bang for the buck
talkboxert
o_crime features a quadraphinic lfo that can be muted/stopped and gives beat divisions. applause
artieTwelve
I second Pam's new workout. Also O_c, which is great if you want to experiment with writing your own code.
Orgia Mode
Wouldn't a clock divider and a logic AND be the cheapest and simplest option?
With alternate logic and/or some switches, this simple schematic can be expanded upon to output triggers based on 1st, 2nd or 3rd trigger. I put those drawings at the bottom. Hell, Add some OR gates to the AND outputs and you can get pulses like 1st and 4th pulse, or 2nd,3rd and 4th. The limit is your imagination. thumbs up

First Quarter Pulse Logic

Second Quarter Pulse Logic

Third Quarter Pulse Logic
UltraViolet
The clock divider seems to be a better option since it would allow you to sync the LFO if you wanted it to start at zero each time.
Orgia Mode
UltraViolet wrote:
The clock divider seems to be a better option since it would allow you to sync the LFO if you wanted it to start at zero each time.

I think so, but I'm not sure the OP wants a DIY option.
It just needs an input to clear the flip flops when you start your LFO.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1