MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Cheap Ass Pedals
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Cheap Ass Pedals
MindMachine
Wondering if there are any cheap ass pedals out there that cost $50 USD or less? New pedals. Can find a lot of used ones, but the wife wants to score for me for the holidays and anything used may disappear before she hops on it.

I have the plastic clones of discontinued Boss pedals that Behringer made: Spectrum x2, Dimension Chorus CC300 Dimension Chorus x2, VD400 delay x2. I have or had a bunch of EH pedals: Screaming Bird, LPB-1, Mole.

I have or had Joyo AC Tone, California Tone and Vintage OD.

Are there any TC or other makers that are very good for that price? Mostly looking for odd birds and not standard distortions, phasers or flangers.

Just thought it might be a fun exercise.
Revok
Mooer has some weird ones. No clue about the build quality but the demos look interesting. I think you have to order them through AliExpress or elsewhere after EHX sued them for copying the POG code.
MindMachine
Revok wrote:
Mooer has some weird ones. No clue about the build quality but the demos look interesting. I think you have to order them through AliExpress or elsewhere after EHX sued them for copying the POG code.

I'll have to research that. With Behringer, the only ones I bought were discontinued by Boss 25-30 years prior. Not too keen on theft in such a small world. But yeah the Mooer line looks pretty deep.
Chrome Dinette
I don't know if they're still made, but the Danelectro Fab Metal and Fab Distortion sound awesome, as does the French Toast (a Foxx Fuzz Tone clone).
Jason Brock
MindMachine wrote:
I have the plastic clones of discontinued Boss pedals that Behringer made: Spectrum x2, Dimension Chorus CC300 Dimension Chorus x2, VD400 delay x2.

Also worth checking out is the Behringer SF300, a clone of the Boss FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz. I have a handful of other very nice fuzz pedals, but the SF300 is still a great sounding addition. It has a certain voice that I don't get from my others, particularly in the "Fuzz 1" switch setting.
hdd
The TC analog armada series look pretty pretty cool for the price bu tpretty classic.
I consider buying the choka tremolo.
fac
Jason Brock wrote:
MindMachine wrote:
I have the plastic clones of discontinued Boss pedals that Behringer made: Spectrum x2, Dimension Chorus CC300 Dimension Chorus x2, VD400 delay x2.

Also worth checking out is the Behringer SF300, a clone of the Boss FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz. I have a handful of other very nice fuzz pedals, but the SF300 is still a great sounding addition. It has a certain voice that I don't get from my others, particularly in the "Fuzz 1" switch setting.

+1 on the SF-300. I bought one a few weeks ago and I'm really liking it (for bass).
depth20
Got one of these from a friend for watering his plants. Modded it with a vactrol to have cv control over the delay time. Use it a lot!

$29!!

https://www.cheaperpedals.com/products/caline-blue-ocean-cp-19-analog- delay-pedal
paperCUT
fac wrote:
Jason Brock wrote:
MindMachine wrote:

+1 on the SF-300. I bought one a few weeks ago and I'm really liking it (for bass).

Also check out the UM300 for the same price, it gets a lot of shit but really nice mixed with dry signals.
Buckage
The Danelectro French Toast is an inexpensive and awesome octave fuzz. Josh from JHS Pedals has a few good youtube posts about inexpensive pedals. Recently he was talking about Deadbeat pedals which are pretty inexpensive.

https://youtu.be/VsZPJJzssPk
Severed head
im not sure if there and any odd balls but this brand called
"BiYang" are a Chinese company that makes an actually pretty decent quality pedal for fairly cheap.

and from reading some Chinese language info, with the lack of care for repercussions over found out some are straight rip offs of some of the more widely distro'd pedals that made there way to PRC a while ago. and just made with SMD. rather than TH that why would've been originally made with.

I have a
delay thats 40$ and it sounds just as good as any boss or DoD, or any pedal in that range.

a fuzz that has a 3way
and one of the settings I had a buddy play in another room and Is exact to a black/silver/red big muff from the 90's
GuyaGuy
Revok wrote:

Their RAT clone (Black Secret) and OCD clone (Hustle Drive) plus a DMM were my main pedal line for a long time. Just chucked them in my gig bag and never had a problem with them. They're still available from GC, MF, etc--just not the POG clone.
p.j.
The Hotone Krush costs around 50 dollars and is a great bit crusher. It is also tiny.[/img]
fac
p.j. wrote:
The Hotone Krush costs around 50 dollars and is a great bit crusher. It is also tiny.[/img]

Oooh nice. I want a bit crusher. Thought about the Geiger Counter but it's too much for my needs (I already have the eurorack one).
paperCUT
Am about to grab one of these: https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_vtone_guitar_gdi21_analog_modeling _preamp.htm

I thought it would be some cheap dsp but the full schematic shows it's a clone of the SansAmp GT2 http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Behringer-GDi21-V-Tone-Gu itar-td39890.html. Literally paid more for drinks at lunch today hihi
GuyaGuy
paperCUT wrote:
Am about to grab one of these: https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_vtone_guitar_gdi21_analog_modeling _preamp.htm

I thought it would be some cheap dsp but the full schematic shows it's a clone of the SansAmp GT2 http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Behringer-GDi21-V-Tone-Gu itar-td39890.html. Literally paid more for drinks at lunch today hihi

I have the amp version of that and it's nice to have for practice.
MindMachine
depth20 wrote:
Got one of these from a friend for watering his plants. Modded it with a vactrol to have cv control over the delay time. Use it a lot!

$29!!

https://www.cheaperpedals.com/products/caline-blue-ocean-cp-19-analog- delay-pedal

If the original is still in production I would rather buy from the inventor/designer.

p.j. wrote:

Had my eyes on that guy. I have two Red Panda Particles... but such a deal.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1