MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moog SlimPhatty Analog Synthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Moog SlimPhatty Analog Synthesizer
arpobermoog
Just received my American Musical Supply Fall 2010 Catalog.

There's a Moog SlimPhatty Desktop Synthesizer listed. Looks like it can be rack mounted. Its not on the Moog site yet and I can't find any pictures online. It has a great price for a Little Phatty without the keyboard. $799.00

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
3vcos
cool. I hope it has all the mods/updates of the latest phatty (extra i/o, etc)
giorgio
take a photo!
3vcos
giorgio wrote:
take a photo!

+1
darenager
There was talk of this on the AH list a while back, I seem to remember the patent for it listed it as some kind of filter?
Stab Frenzy
Yeah they registered the name a while ago and there was a bit of speculation. My money's on it being a LP in rackmount form for people who want to polychain them or people who just aren't into keyboards.
stromcat
Is there a picture posted in the catalogue?
josefranco
Tada!

It looks pretty nice, although no real specs in the ad. Looks like LP brains in a rackmountable/desktop-able unit. CV I/O would be so sweet on this. Nothing but rumors about this online yet.
MrDys
Huh. Color me intrigued. Hope the CV options are standard.
arpobermoog
Jose thanks for posting the picture. Mine looked like shit with my cell phone camera. Yours looks better.

The ad said's The Slim Phatty offers a 100% analog signal path, intuitive user interface, rugged construction with MIDI, USB and Control Voltage functionally.

So it looks like a Little Phatty Stage II in a box with no keys.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
giorgio
arppegiator?
Synesthesia
I Like wink
catzrcool
Excellent news, also with the CV inputs and all.
arpobermoog
Just called American Musical Supply. The Slim Phatty isn't in there ordering system and they don't have a release date for the unit. Looks like someone may have jumped the gun.

hmmm..... confused
CZ Rider
Funny, no mail today in the US as it is Columbus day. Must have gotten it in the mail Saturday? Or a prank!
josefranco
arpobermoog wrote:
Looks like someone may have jumped the gun.

hmmm..... confused

Yeah, I think so too. I want to see the back of this thing!
Jason Brock
3vcos wrote:
I hope it has all the mods/updates of the latest phatty (extra i/o, etc)

Standard inputs are probably there (CV, Gate, Filter Cutoff) just like every LP.

The "upgrade" is all about outputs though (Env Out, Mod Wheel Out) and those don't make much sense to me on a rack.

$799 is an awesome price.
3vcos
soundxplorer wrote:
3vcos wrote:
I hope it has all the mods/updates of the latest phatty (extra i/o, etc)

The "upgrade" is all about outputs though (Env Out, Mod Wheel Out) and those don't make much sense to me on a rack.

$799 is an awesome price.

they make tons of sense on a MOOG product! :-)
Bob Borries
My New 4 voice Synth, now if I only had the money!

josefranco
giorgio wrote:
arppegiator?

The original LP has an arppegiator, so I would assume this one does too.
josefranco
Got the scanner working.

On page 153 in the Fall American Musical Supply catalog.
gmcerveny
How are you going to access the CVs? Hopefully a new VX-35x box?

Example:
If the LP's gate-in has a jack plugged in, but there's no CV applied, the notes are all sustained. Rules out wiring to a patch bay?
controlvoltage
gmcerveny wrote:
How are you going to access the CVs? Hopefully a new VX-35x box?

Example:
If the LP's gate-in has a jack plugged in, but there's no CV applied, the notes are all sustained. Rules out wiring to a patch bay?

not at all, you just need a normalled jack on your patchbay - that is a patch bay that lets you make a normal connection that is broken when you patch into the bay.
OurDarkness
Yet another Moog repackaged. angry
MrDys
Only in the same way that a Roland MKS-xx is "yet another Jupiter/Juno/whatever" repackaged. It's a rackmount version of a keyboard. Synth companies have been doing this for a long, long time. Get over it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4