MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

the harvestman - matrix modular mixer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author the harvestman - matrix modular mixer
hpsounds
I think this will be the next harvestam module !!!

Hedi K.

w00t we're not worthy

theharvestman on Flickr
D/A A/D
NOOO! My god... My dreams have been answered! Now only where to put it...
wetterberg
looking forward to finding out the price of that bad boy!
amnesia
where is the buchla euro converter
revtor
I want to know what he names it.... : )
thetwlo
revtor wrote:
I want to know what he names it.... : )

I think it's called "Perfect Sine Forever"
Glitchmachines
Any news on a release date/price ???
MrDys
Evin 209

The rest of the site is updated as well, and I found this bit on the Hertz Donut page of particular interest:

Quote:
Compatible with Livewire X-Mod and Audio Compositor expansions.

Interessant...
parasitk
MrDys wrote:
Evin 209

The rest of the site is updated as well, and I found this bit on the Hertz Donut page of particular interest:

Quote:
Compatible with Livewire X-Mod and Audio Compositor expansions.

Interessant...

Even better:
Quote:
as well as the Cleanest Sine in Town.

hihi
ehdyn
Wasn't there a different face for the hertz that looked sorta like an ohm boyz plug?
Had like a flux symbol on it or something - am I imagining this?

See if I have the pic in my cave.
Esnan
Hi everyone. I think the idea of a matrix mixer is great, but I have a hard time figuering out how you use it.

I understand how it works, but I still don't know how I would use it. What do you typically or un-typically do with it in a patch?

/Jacob
wetterberg
hejsan Jacob,

normally you'd use it to easily generate and control feedback paths.
The classic example:

Sound source -> mixer

mixer -> (eq->echo)

(eq->echo) -> mixer
(allows you to dynamically control the amount of feedback
This sort of routing is terribly annoying without using a bunch of mixers and multiples within a regular modular. Matrix mixers make this dead easy.

Andreas (ps, a bit tired, so I may have messed up this post, hehe)
Kent
If you think of it as a standard analog mixer with Aux Sends or Busses, with returns, then it is easy to envision applications for such in the modular world.
brandon daniel
Kent wrote:
If you think of it as a standard analog mixer with Aux Sends or Busses, with returns, then it is easy to envision applications for such in the modular world.

Yeah, this makes conceptualizing it's usage easier, a four channel matrix mixer is just a four channel mixer with four mono sends. an n channel matrix mixer is an n channel mixer with n mono sends. Done.
chimologic
yeah or think smaller version of an ems synthi patch bay but with attenuators for everything connected
fluxmonkey
i finished my CGS version last night; first patch was 4 LFOs in, and the 4 outs controlling 4 VCOs... so lots of complex swooping CVs, with different mixes going to each oscillator, so the sounds swirled kind of in synch and kind of not. will start on the feedback loops tonite. much fun.

b
Kent
chimologic wrote:
yeah or think smaller version of an ems synthi patch bay but with attenuators for everything connected

Good one! I enjoy that perspective quite a bit.
D/A A/D
I would love this mod, but I am done with euro for the time being... I will however be getting a metalbox matrix mixer.

If and when I break down and get a 9u case, I am pretty sure I will be buying most of Scot's mods to fill that extra 3u... Mr. Green
felix
The per-channel unipolar/bipolar inverting operation puts this way over the top for me.

I was going a bit back and forth since it's quite simple to make a basic passive matrix mixer.

But, one with switchable bipolar inverting? AND it has headers to connect directly to the Stilton. SOLD!
dkcg
I hear maybe in January for it and the Donut. Mmmmm donuts...

Kwote
dkcg wrote:
I hear maybe in January for it and the Donut. Mmmmm donuts...

Drunken Homer Simpson Drunken Homer SimpsonDrunken Homer SimpsonDrunken Homer SimpsonDrunken Homer SimpsonDrunken Homer SimpsonDrunken Homer SimpsonDrunken Homer SimpsonDrunken Homer SimpsonDrunken Homer SimpsonDrunken Homer SimpsonDrunken Homer SimpsonDrunken Homer SimpsonDrunken Homer SimpsonDrunken Homer SimpsonDrunken Homer SimpsonDrunken Homer Simpson
fluxmonkey
felix wrote:
The per-channel unipolar/bipolar inverting operation puts this way over the top for me.

I was going a bit back and forth since it's quite simple to make a basic passive matrix mixer.

But, one with switchable bipolar inverting? AND it has headers to connect directly to the Stilton. SOLD!

i'll be interested to hear if you can actually dial in "0" in bipolar mode. in the circuits i've built, it's very difficult in practice to actually get set the control to the precise null point.

b
Kwote
fluxmonkey wrote:
i finished my CGS version last night; first patch was 4 LFOs in, and the 4 outs controlling 4 VCOs... so lots of complex swooping CVs, with different mixes going to each oscillator, so the sounds swirled kind of in synch and kind of not. will start on the feedback loops tonite. much fun.

b

in frac format? fpd?
felix
fluxmonkey wrote:
felix wrote:

i'll be interested to hear if you can actually dial in "0" in bipolar mode. in the circuits i've built, it's very difficult in practice to actually get set the control to the precise null point.

It may require careful tweaking, I've experienced the same myself. IMO, it's a worthy sacrifice for the ability to invert and attenuate the signal.
tragedybysyntax
woh woh woh woh woh......... the donut in january as well? FUCK! lol. I hate to say it but.... I can keep up with all the badass devices coming out. I have to honestly go get a 2nd job to fu-fill my modular lust. Sure i'm not the only one here that's had to do that for a bit. wink
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4