MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Creating HPGL and PLT items for .fpd files
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Creating HPGL and PLT items for .fpd files
Norman_Phay
Hello!

I am designing some frac panels for JH circuits and the like. I would like to make them so they are somnewhat similar, though not identical to my Wiard 1200 modules, which have these Wiard things on them. I have various images that I can futz about on with the gimp and pull some line art off them, but I don't know which programs can be used to convert a B&W line graphic into a hpgl ot plt file which can be dropped into front panel designer. Programs i see online are fearfully expensive.

Any suggestions as to what I can use, also tips on how best to creat such things?

thanks.
Adam-V
If you're on a mac, CADintosh can import a variety of formats and can produce HPGL files. I haven't used it though.

Cheers,
Adam-V
discomicke
Pretty sure Inkscape can pull it off.
skrasms
Inkscape can export line graphics to hpgl/plt. They started supporting that officially in version 0.47 (they're on 0.48 now). I've had success drawing spirals and things in Inkscape and loading them into Front Panel Designer.

It won't work with text unless you convert the text to a path to make it an outline.
emdot_ambient
You mean text has to be outlined for it to work? No solid lettering? Or is that something different than you're tlaking about?
discomicke
emdot_ambient wrote:
You mean text has to be outlined for it to work? No solid lettering? Or is that something different than you're tlaking about?

You just have to convert the text layer to a path.

But i guess you would mostly use inkscape for the graphic components and do the text and layout in FPE ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1