MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

AudioWeevil08 <----- did this ever make production?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author AudioWeevil08 <----- did this ever make production?
EATyourGUITAR
AudioWeevil08

link

can I order it or is it dead?
BugBrand
I think I made between 40 and 60 of them!

I stopped them at the end of 2008 as my production methods began changing.

I've been meaning to design a further AWeevil but all the modular work has kept me busy over the last year!
EATyourGUITAR
we'll I'm looking at noise makers and this one looks and sounds very nice. and it has audio input. also looking at the drone lab from casper. good luck with your modulars. your a banana salesman now. nanners sad banana It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
dan_p
EATyourGUITAR wrote:
we'll I'm looking at noise makers and this one looks and sounds very nice. and it has audio input. also looking at the drone lab from casper. good luck with your modulars. your a banana salesman now. nanners sad banana It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners

Tom sells very fine Bananas indeed.

I got a Flower Electronics Little Boy Blue for sale, great noise maker and external input. Bananas too!!

Also take a look at the Board Weevil, it has to be the best pound for pound noise maker of them all.
Minimoog56
Sure did - but you had to jump on it at the time. I have its pre-cursor version from earlier in that year with less features and no input. Basically if you were not there at the time... There was one on Ebay last year and it it sold for about its new price or a little less - there just were not very many made and I doubt they will be made again. Tom does not look back or remake his old gear.
bar|none
I have one. It is awesome. Will never sell.

I did however see one go up on this forum not long ago. Was amazed, cause it took a little while to sell.

Board weevils are cool, but this one is so nicely packaged and sounds incredible.

I vote that another edition needs to be made.

My vote is for the fiberglass front plate but packaged as a Euro module with touchplates or as a standalone using the same frontplate. That would be the shit.
blue_lu
+1

please tom release another edition of 2010 weevils! applause
BugBrand
Minimoog56 wrote:
Tom does not look back or remake his old gear.

Wait ,, what?? There's a direction other than forwards?!!

Yeah, as the ways of being able to build expand/change to me, so I turn designs in different ways -- the main factor killing the old 'box' weevils was that I used to get plain plastic cases, drill the holes and then spray them - fine for a while, but I don't miss such production methods now!

Saying that, the circuit-'heart' of the Weevil has pretty much stayed the same since day one.

I think the current Weevils may well be coming to the end of their runs too - not that I've got a new Weevil design waiting in the wings though. (though there are some other unrelated bits coming along..)
bar|none
Tom,

Personally, would love to see a weevil or other device that you could mount either in a rack or in a box (easy to do yourself), with all jacks on front and non-open design (guts on the inside), touchplates on outside like the 08 weevil. I guess that would make it a dual board design.

I sure think the fiberglass faceplates with touchplates look great.

It's a novelty to have the open type circuit boards but I guess I'm too much of a neat nik in the studio to want to drag out and connect a collection of open boards like that. Unless they are sold as a kit, they are not easy to mount.

Not sure if I'm alone in that sentiment or not. The cool thing about the weevils were how they accept audio input and mangle / shape it.

It would sure be nice to be able to throw a little bug brand into a Euro rack, but I guess you've already heard that before and banana in still the future for you guys.

Cheers..
Chris
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1