MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What new Blacet modules do you want to see?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author What new Blacet modules do you want to see?
zerosum
I just recently got an announcement e-mail from Blacet.
I generally don't quote private e-mails publicly, but I think this one is OK.

Quote:
It's the new module design season so we are taking suggestions for modules.

Is there anything really missing from your Blacet Rack?

Any feedback would be appreciated. If we get enough, I'll put some out for a vote.


At the moment, I can't think of a good suggestion. Tomorrow? Two hours from now? Next year? I'm not sure which, but eventually I will have a suggestion to add.

What are you guys looking for that can't already be found in Frac?
Norman_Phay
1.5" VCO - 3 knobs, six sockets:

pitch coarse
pitch fine
mod depth

1v/oct CV
pitch CV
wave CV
sin out
tri out (10v dc into wave CV sweeps it to a saw wave)
square out
darenager
Sampler?
Matrix mixer?
Parametric eq?

Make them shallower thumbs up
Ekofisk
Yeah, some sampler-module would be really great.

Maybe some kick-ass sequencer? I'm not disregarding the Hexzone (I'll definitely get one at some point), but maybe some cross between the hexzone and the binaryzone would be good? Something with more knobs, I guess.

I don't know what I'm talking about. hmmm.....
selfoscillate
1. a full-featured vocoder module with pause stuffing function.
2. a miniwave rom expander like the one from hylander.
rezzn8r
selfoscillate wrote:

2. a miniwave rom expander like the one from hylander.


+1
magneteyez
Quote:
2. a miniwave rom expander like the one from hylander.


+2 and 3 as I got 2 miniwaves
Entrainer
I'd like some new filters. Is that filthy filter the only one they have?
The only filters I've found in Frac are Filthy, Mankatto, and Bi-N-Tic/Wasp...

plus the overly inflated used prices of Boog + Boogie. I know MOTM had
a couple that are also no longer available.

Specifically, something along the lines of the Serge Variable Q VCF
with a trigger in would be cool. Multiband.
e-grad
Norman_Phay wrote:
1.5" VCO - 3 knobs, six sockets:
[...] tri out (10v dc into wave CV sweeps it to a saw wave)
square out

thumbs up Yet I'd prefer 5V DC since Blacet is almost the only manufacturer offering modules going up tp 10V DC.

I think a Lowpass Gate would make a great addition to the Blacet line.
parasitk
Move to banana jacks and be done with it.
emergencyofstate
I agree!
Ekofisk
Zing!
Norman_Phay
e-grad wrote:
thumbs up Yet I'd prefer 5V DC since Blacet is almost the only manufacturer offering modules going up tp 10V DC.


Well OK, a link/jumper on the PCB to switch between 5 and 10v, maybe.

J.B.s has many, many bases covered for synthesis, it's possible to achieve most things you want to do with some combination of the existing modules, making it difficult to think of something new. The system is amazingly versatile.


PPkl wanting more filters might like to take a look at the attached. It's tight, but it does fit:
fracmonkey
wave multiplier?

Cynthia had one: sold out
Metalbox has one: $300
Adam-V
A new time machine

Cheers,
Adam-V
opsysbug
rezzn8r wrote:
selfoscillate wrote:

2. a miniwave rom expander like the one from hylander.


+1


++
BugBrand
Entrainer wrote:
Specifically, something along the lines of the Serge Variable Q VCF
with a trigger in would be cool. Multiband.


Come to banana-land and you can have one in 1FW width

Sorry for the slight derail...
rezzn8r
magneteyez wrote:
Quote:
2. a miniwave rom expander like the one from hylander.


+2 and 3 as I got 2 miniwaves

opsysbug wrote:
rezzn8r wrote:
selfoscillate wrote:

2. a miniwave rom expander like the one from hylander.


+1


++


There's 4 already for a miniwave expander.
I also have two Miniwaves, so I can have access to four different ROMs. I would love to have access to more hyper
werock
Entrainer wrote:
I'd like some new filters. Is that filthy filter the only one they have?
The only filters I've found in Frac are Filthy, Mankatto, and Bi-N-Tic/Wasp...

plus the overly inflated used prices of Boog + Boogie. I know MOTM had
a couple that are also no longer available.

Specifically, something along the lines of the Serge Variable Q VCF
with a trigger in would be cool. Multiband.


Analogue Haven have still got the GX-1 MOTM filter. I think Paia have got 3 new filters in the works, according to a recent post here from their designer. There was also mention of a 1.5" width VCO from them too. Don't know their time scales though.
werock
I'd like to see something like the Doepfer A161 clock sequencer in Frac, but with clock/reset ins. Or maybe a VC switch.
e-grad
parasitk wrote:
Move to banana jacks and be done with it.

I've 4 LPGs, 2 more on the bench and another 2 in my project box. hyper

I was not talking about my personal needs but about what can attract others to Blacet. Even though I think Norman is right:
Norman_Phay wrote:
J.B.s has many, many bases covered for synthesis, it's possible to achieve most things you want to do with some combination of the existing modules, making it difficult to think of something new. The system is amazingly versatile.

Yet at least in Germany Frac is largly neclected. In part for the wrong reasons since Blacet is considered comparatively expensive bcs. ppl often don't realize how versatile any module actually is.

I expect this to intensify for the recent fame of the QMMG, Maths and the Wiard/Malekko-line overhere.

I'm just hoping that among other modules to come a Blacet LPG would make Frac for Europeans more attractive.
e-grad
werock wrote:
I'd like to see something like the Doepfer A161 clock sequencer in Frac, but with clock/reset ins. Or maybe a VC switch.

IIRC a new Freq Div is in the making. VC switch:
http://www.blacet.com/BlacetUserPage/MD2600_2650user.pdf
http://www.blacet.com/bargains.html
werock
I was thinking more of a A/B type switch - 1 in & 2 outs with a cv in to control the switching.
e-grad
werock wrote:
I was thinking more of a A/B type switch - 1 in & 2 outs with a cv in to control the switching.

This is a job for a panner or am I mistaken?
http://www.blacet.com/BlacetUserPage/VCA2410user.pdf
D/A A/D
A new time machine for sure, a FULLY featured analog noise in 1.5, a analog distortion / fuzz module, MORE 1.5 utility modules.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group