MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Those with updated Tyme Sefaris, please comment!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Those with updated Tyme Sefaris, please comment!!!
Exuviae
Will some of those who've gotten their TS modules updated please remark on the changes/differences, etc.

Thanks!
Brooks
bar|none
What update?
Glitchmachines
bar|none wrote:
What update?



This one ----->
m0rb1d
oh my god
dude
i am fairly sure nobody has updates yet.
Exuviae
Looking for clarification:

What is the new jack added to the front panel on the TS upgrade for? I have read/heard different things...

Feedback audio output?
Feedback CV input?
A place for my tiny synth-nerd weiner?

Sorry; feeling childishly crass today. Mr. Green

Anyone?

Thanks!
Brooks
Kent
It's an input for audio signals. The idea is that one could use the Delay out as a send to another processor and then go from that processor back into the Tyme Sefari. Whammo! It's an insert point which is pre-delay.

Now just use the Mix Out to taste.

It allows for the insertion of a filter or another delay or some modulation into the party that is the Tyme Sefari.

Added later: Keep in mind that the insert/loop point has an effect upon the delays or recorded audio only. I just thought of this cool idea. You could throw a vocal in there and then pitch down/up the Tyme Sefari caressed audio. Noice!

Exuviae wrote:
Looking for clarification:

What is the new jack added to the front panel on the TS upgrade for? I have read/heard different things...
Exuviae
Kent wrote:
It's a an input for audio signals. The idea is that one could use the Delay out as a send to another processor and then go from that processor back into the Tyme Sefari. Whammo! It's an insert point which is pre-delay.

Now just use the Mix Out to taste.

It allows for the insertion of a filter or another delay or some modulation into the party that is the Tyme Sefari.

Exuviae wrote:
Looking for clarification:

What is the new jack added to the front panel on the TS upgrade for? I have read/heard different things...


Whoa...sounds like fun!

Thanks for the info Kent!!!
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
Glitchmachines wrote:
bar|none wrote:
What update?



This one ----->


I literally cried with laughter w00t
HeWhoWantsJeans
Kent wrote:
It's a an input for audio signals. The idea is that one could use the Delay out as a send to another processor and then go from that processor back into the Tyme Sefari. Whammo! It's an insert point which is pre-delay.

Man - I'm glad I was totally wrong in my assumption of the added 'Feedback Jack'. I kept thinking it was a 'Feedback Out' jack, which would be stupid (my bad).

The addition of a Feedback In jack sounds fantastic! This means that all of the delay units in my 6u will have insertable Feedback points. Bam! SlayerBadger!

Can't wait for my 'Sefari to come back from the Guv'nor! thumbs up
Kent
Does this mean that you sent yours in for the mod? What's the turn-around time looking like? I should really do that with mine as I'm not using it at the moment due to geographical differences.

HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:
Kent wrote:
It's a an input for audio signals. The idea is that one could use the Delay out as a send to another processor and then go from that processor back into the Tyme Sefari. Whammo! It's an insert point which is pre-delay.

Man - I'm glad I was totally wrong in my assumption of the added 'Feedback Jack'. I kept thinking it was a 'Feedback Out' jack, which would be stupid (my bad).

The addition of a Feedback In jack sounds fantastic! This means that all of the delay units in my 6u will have insertable Feedback points. Bam! SlayerBadger!

Can't wait for my 'Sefari to come back from the Guv'nor! thumbs up
HeWhoWantsJeans
Kent wrote:
Does this mean that you sent yours in for the mod? What's the turn-around time looking like? I should really do that with mine as I'm not using it at the moment due to geographical differences.

I sent mine in about a week ago - Guv'nor gave me an estimate return of 'before January', so it should be coming back soon. SlayerBadger!
lionelfischer
Does the update make it like the 2.0 model tyme sefari module coming out? or are there still some features in the 2.0 module that aren't included in the upgrade ? how much does it cost to upgrade? is sampling time expanded as well or just audio quality?
stk
lionelfischer wrote:
Does the update make it like the 2.0 model tyme sefari module coming out? or are there still some features in the 2.0 module that aren't included in the upgrade ? how much does it cost to upgrade? is sampling time expanded as well or just audio quality?


This, please thumbs up
governor blacksnake
I'm working on those sefaris this week!

The upgrade currently consists of the added feedback input jack (normalled to the wet output, feeds through the attenuator pot.)

It also includes some improvements to the audio input hardware that greatly improve the stability of short loops as well as better sampling quality.

The "new model" tyme sefari that will be released after NAMM is a completely different design.
deastman
I must have overlooked this... what is the process for requesting an upgrade, and what does it cost?
stk
deastman wrote:
I must have overlooked this... what is the process for requesting an upgrade, and what does it cost?


I've just sent an email to sebastian @ theharvestman asking exactly that smile
Robba
I remember something that Schneiders Buro takes care of upgrades as well... Can someone confirm?
Kent
Please, for the love of all that is unclean & unholy; please develop this new TS for the ModuleModule format.

Buchla MARF

Or make a boy's Christmas by jamming the Polivoks, Tyme Sefari w/ASOT, Malgorithm & Stilton into one fuck-all Buchla panel. Orange font only, please.

governor blacksnake wrote:
I'm working on those sefaris this week!

The upgrade currently consists of the added feedback input jack (normalled to the wet output, feeds through the attenuator pot.)

It also includes some improvements to the audio input hardware that greatly improve the stability of short loops as well as better sampling quality.

The "new model" tyme sefari that will be released after NAMM is a completely different design.
falafelbiels
interesting.
HeWhoWantsJeans
governor blacksnake wrote:
I'm working on those sefaris this week!

Heh. Thanks for the heads up, I'll stop jumping my postal carrier... for now.

governor blacksnake wrote:

The "new model" tyme sefari that will be released after NAMM is a completely different design.

And it looks fantastic. Between the new 'Sefari and the Double Andore, you nailed two 'Must Haves' for me. My wallet damns you, sir!
governor blacksnake
alright, you MSP people, I should be mailing those upgraded Sefaris out tomorrow.
lionelfischer
how do i get in on the next round of upgrades ?
governor blacksnake
I will be working on more when I get back from NAMM - will answer your message soon
stk
Posting this to be notified of replies.
No reply to my direct email query but I figure you guys are busy with NAMM.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group