MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VC-303 tb-303 in Frac
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author VC-303 tb-303 in Frac
Gondwana Man
http://somaticcircuits.com/vc303.htm

Genuine TB-303 Voice.
Sir Ruff
wow... that's pretty awesome. Are you the maker? What specific "original" components does it use? Are there any demos? And is the price in AU or US$?
Gondwana Man
Yes I make these. hihi

Parts used are original NOS. 2sc1583 , 2sc2291 , 2sc536f , 2sk30 . Different parts are BA6110 and LM358 . The vca IC is in a socket to accept the BA662a . The LM358 has been chosen as it works better than the old an6562.
It is exactly the same as the TB-303. The sound is cleaner due to the LM358 and well matched transistors in the VCF.

Demos up soon and the price is AUD.

cookie?!?
Entrainer
I want one of these in Frac for some reason...
Sir Ruff
Gondwana Man wrote:
Yes I make these. hihi

Parts used are original NOS. 2sc1583 , 2sc2291 , 2sc536f , 2sk30 . Different parts are BA6110 and LM358 . The vca IC is in a socket to accept the BA662a . The LM358 has been chosen as it works better than the old an6562.
It is exactly the same as the TB-303. The sound is cleaner due to the LM358 and well matched transistors in the VCF.

Demos up soon and the price is AUD.

cookie?!?


Sounds great-would love to hear demos...
cram1960
Sir Ruff wrote:
Gondwana Man wrote:
Yes I make these. hihi

Parts used are original NOS. 2sc1583 , 2sc2291 , 2sc536f , 2sk30 . Different parts are BA6110 and LM358 . The vca IC is in a socket to accept the BA662a . The LM358 has been chosen as it works better than the old an6562.
It is exactly the same as the TB-303. The sound is cleaner due to the LM358 and well matched transistors in the VCF.

Demos up soon and the price is AUD.

cookie?!?


Sounds great-would love to hear demos...



+1

I didn't see a CV in. How do you drive it?
Entrainer
cram1960 wrote:

I didn't see a CV in. How do you drive it?


I'm guessing the FM input for frequency modulation.
cram1960
Entrainer wrote:
cram1960 wrote:

I didn't see a CV in. How do you drive it?


I'm guessing the FM input for frequency modulation.



Without a pitch...so it's just a filter?

(If this is a stupid question, bear with me, I'm not very experienced with modulars)>
Adam-V
KBT is probably the 1V/Oct keyboard tracking input.
FM is probably a Linear FM input.

I expect you plug the keyboard gate into the Gate input, the keyboard CV into the KBT input and you'll have the basic VCO/VCF functionality. Start patching the Accent, Glide and FCV inputs to other stuff and you'll be in acid heaven. If that sort of thing's your bag.

Cheers,
Adam-V
Gondwana Man
Yes this is correct.
KBT is for the 1v/oct .

You don't have to be in to acid (man) as its a very handy all in one synth with a very analogue sound , it also thats takes up very little room for the sound it gives and the price is small too.
Find a new analouge synth for that price.... please I want to see!

Its very cool under modulation with audio rate lfo to the vcf it will do vocal sounds with an envelope applied to the vco .. well yes Snowman

Mods can be done to have VCO out and VCO in and VCA in . Its a squeeze but its neat. It sounds fun too.

Will get some bouncing sounds up for the new stock.

zombie
Adam-V
Where in Australia are you located?

Cheers,
Adam-V
dan_p
Cant wait to hear this, TB303 voice in such a small space!
Could be a winner.
Babaluma
i'm still dying to hear some audio clips of this! will probably order one when the new batch is in, i'll have all the mods please. wink
debriff
Sounds verrrrrrry interesting applause

But the grooving accent/slide effect of the 303 sequencer will be hard to imitate sad banana
cram1960
Adam-V wrote:
KBT is probably the 1V/Oct keyboard tracking input.
FM is probably a Linear FM input.

I expect you plug the keyboard gate into the Gate input, the keyboard CV into the KBT input and you'll have the basic VCO/VCF functionality. Start patching the Accent, Glide and FCV inputs to other stuff and you'll be in acid heaven. If that sort of thing's your bag.

Cheers,
Adam-V


Thanks for the explanation.
Babaluma
debriff wrote:
Sounds verrrrrrry interesting applause

But the grooving accent/slide effect of the 303 sequencer will be hard to imitate sad banana


It shouldn't be a problem with something like an FR Mobius or Orb sequencer. I'm intending to try it out with my Orb.
SMS303
My module is shipped!
I can't wait for delivery and get crazy with it hyper

The module is modificated for only a few bucks extra thumbs up
Mods: bass boost, vcf in, vca in and vco out applause
SMS303
After Christmas and some strikes at the Dutch post...
My module arrived today! w00t
It was well packed and fee/VAT free, this make me always more happy

My first impression, by checking the module so far by eye:
- Mijoe did use very nice and beautifull pcb's
- clean and well soldered
- good pot's, not itchy but well tight to the frontpanel
- nice black (Blacet/PAIA look a like) frontpanel
- well installed/placed mods, which costs me only a few bucks extra

Can't wait for trying the module hyper
Babaluma
if you have time, sound clips please!
dan_p
hyper

Demo............

Guinness ftw!
falafelbiels
SMS303 wrote:

My first impression, by checking the module so far by eye:
- Mijoe did use very nice and beautifull pcb's
- clean and well soldered
- good pot's, not itchy but well tight to the frontpanel
- nice black (Blacet/PAIA look a like) frontpanel
- well installed/placed mods, which costs me only a few bucks extra

Can't wait for trying the module hyper


- didn't include a power cable (?)

So we checked it at my place where there's all sorts of power cables in abundance and it works and sounds nice to me. I am no acid-man however so purists will have to wait for an actual expert opinion. Also, my recordings probably won't do it no acidy justice. The slide function seems a bit iffy to me...
kidtesla
Gondwana Man wrote:
http://somaticcircuits.com/vc303.htm

Genuine TB-303 Voice.


Exciting! thumbs up
stevenclements
These are direct ports of the x0xb0x then yes?

http://www.ladyada.net/make/x0xb0x/

I mean based upon their docs?

cheers
falafelbiels
OK Casper came over today and wanted to record a demo of the VC-303.
So we kind of made that, have a listen

w00t
SMS303
Sir Falafelbiels = Da Beat Master...
Me was tweaking the 303df & vc303 knobs hihi

One channel is vc303 and the other 303df....
but which i dunno seriously, i just don't get it .....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group