MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blacet DAD experience?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Blacet DAD experience?
e-grad
I'm in the midst of a deal. I will trade some stuff for money or for a Blacet DAD but cannot make up my mind what to pick.

Anyone who likes to share his/her experience with a DAD envelope?
Ekofisk
I will probably get a second one at some point.

I really like it. The delay and attenuated/full range outputs make it more useful.
werock
I like the retrigger/LFO capability. I've barely used the delay feature - need to try some different patching techniques I think.
e-grad
werock wrote:
I've barely used the delay feature - need to try some different patching techniques I think.

That's possibly the most interesting feature.

If I'm not mistaken a short delay, no attack and a short decay should resemble a 'percusssive burst' (if that term makes sense) in the gated LFO mode.

Will the DAD finish one cycle in 'norm' position even when triggered by a very short trigger? Or does it need a gate at least of the length of the attack phase to start the decay segment?
anadeji
the delay is certainly the best part.. the only thing i wish it had that it doesn't is VC over decay.

e-grad: depending on the mode.. in "norm" it'll trigger on any short pulse really.
zerosum
I love my EG-1, but don't have the space at the moment for a second,
so I am very excited to add the DAD!
I imagine that the delay would be a lot of fun with three DAD's opening up filters, but being clock by different divided clocks.

I don't have one yet, but when I get one I'll post some sounds and cool patches and such.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1