MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Befaco - Spanish DIY community - Selling kits etc
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Befaco - Spanish DIY community - Selling kits etc
Dego
Befaco - Spanish DIY community - Manufacturing their own pcbs etc

http://www.befaco.org/

They have translate on their homepage...

Luka
looks great

i dont think id enjoy reading build notes translated from another language though.
e-grad
Thanks for sharing!

"!Entonces hablamos español!"
Dego
If there is schematic and BOM then I would build it. But I guess I would google translate some of the text very frustrating
e-grad
Just checked for the envelope generator: there is a schematic ("esquema") and a BOM ("part list"). Could not find any building manual whether in Spanish nor in English.

I just hope their Buchla 281 clone is fine for Don Buchla himself.
Befacosynth
Hi!
here Diego from befaco.org.
Our main activity is the workshops. from the beginning of this year 20 people are building our system one module each moth. The kits we have are the same kit we give to the people in the workshop and there is not manual (yet) because in this workshops we help people directly. We Jus have a step by step paper (sorry in Spanish)
We make this web site in Spanish simply because is our language and there already a lot in English and no one in our.
I hope Mr buchla is not angry with us for this small activity. (sorry Don) we're not worthy
ben jah men
Is there not much interest in this??!!! To me, having the buchla domain in eurorack for ~ is like some kind of gift from the almighty.

but I do not speak espanol. seriously, i just don't get it
mckenic
Yes of course! But the language difference would put off a diy n00b like me hihi
decaying.sine
Befacosynth wrote:
Hi!
here Diego from befaco.org.
Our main activity is the workshops. from the beginning of this year 20 people are building our system one module each moth. The kits we have are the same kit we give to the people in the workshop and there is not manual (yet) because in this workshops we help people directly. We Jus have a step by step paper (sorry in Spanish)
We make this web site in Spanish simply because is our language and there already a lot in English and no one in our.
I hope Mr buchla is not angry with us for this small activity. (sorry Don) we're not worthy

It's recommended to check in with Mr. Buchla before making public offerings of any Buchla designs. He is responsive and has been generous, and it is the right thing to do. His artwork (i.e., schematics and PCB artwork) are under copyright protection. However, he has authorized some redesigns. It's always best to just check in with him.

Welcome. w00t I look forward to checking out your site. It is great you offering Spanish language synth DIY!
Befacosynth
decaying.sine wrote:

It's recommended to check in with Mr. Buchla before making public offerings of any Buchla designs.

Yes I know and of course this is not the "most elegant" way.
We ask but not response and we decide to go ahead since we are a non profit collective.
"Legally talking" schematic drawings and PCB artwork can be copyrightable. Brands and commercial names too, but electronic circuits not if they aren't under patent. And Bucha 281 is not (not trying to excuse myself. As I say before this is not the elegant way. Just explaining our legal situation)

Anyway we don't do this PCB anymore but if somebody want to to it himself here is all the info: (schems and pcb in eagle cad format)

http://www.befaco.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65: envolvente&catid=40:modular&Itemid=68

This is one half of the quad envelope circuit. If you wand the four EGs have to do 2 of this

In the right of the page we have a direct translator.
To open the eagle files (.brd and .sch) you will need Eagle Cad. You can download the fee version here:
http://www.cadsoftusa.com/downloads/freeware/

Have fun!!
krz
Más por favor?

http://comunycorriente.com/product/befaco-slicer-v2-mini-secuenciador- analogico
Befacosynth
Schem:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7062739/Proyectos_de_electronica_en_funcionami ento/slicer/slicer_V3/slicer_sequencer_V4_3/slicer4_2.sch

Board:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7062739/Proyectos_de_electronica_en_funcionami ento/slicer/slicer_V3/slicer_sequencer_V4_3/slicer4_2.brd

CADs for cover laser cutting:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7062739/Proyectos_de_electronica_en_funcionami ento/slicer/slicer_V3/slicer_sequencer_V4_3/Slicer_CADs/CAD_para_front al_metacrilato2.dwg

Asenbly instructions:
http://db.tt/AGlT4Zw

Most of the rare part you can find it on Mouser (the small sliders and the exact battery clip.

It is also prepared to work fix on a euro size module. In this case this is the front panel:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7062739/Paneles/Paneles_Befaco/Panel%20slicer% 20modulo/hoja_slicer_rusa_.pdf
samuraipizzacat29
site looks great, and wasn't too hard to understand between my high school spanish and google translate smile

but I didn't see a spot where one could purchase pcbs and panels....???? That sequencer/slicer looks like fun.

Also, I couldn't tell if those were banana plugs or different kind of stacking cable - mini euro sized.
samuraipizzacat29
double post darn you connection
Befacosynth
Hi!
Our modules are a extrange mix of formats:

3U euro size, +-15 volts supply and banana connectors. ¿estrange? yes it is, but wen we begging to make modules we take what we like most of any format.
Anyway is easy to transform most of them to 12 volt or any jack.

We make our kits thinking in our workshops (mostly with friends)and not in international business ( sometimes you miss parts etc) but we can send it to you. just send me an email to see availability.

befacosynh[at]gmail[dot]com

The only professional kits we have (with building instructions, all the parts etc) are here: (slicer and theremin)

http://www.comunycorriente.com/
krz
That was a quick reply, graçias! I was hoping for more kits
at some point in future. Another project along the same lines
would be awesome to bring to an synth/electro jam party in-
say, Barcelona? ;^) Lately doing all 9vdc & portable for outdoor
"combat" vs. guitar/pan flutes etc. buskers out on the streets.
If I do get a Eurorack'ing in future tho...I love the demo's
I've heard of the slicer!
djthopa
Today i went to one of the befacos workshops and i recommend it 100%. thumbs up
plagio
befaco workshops go on with new modules, now we can choose between 15v and 12 v formats and banana or minijack plugs...
befaco is also offering new modules, i am building now this...
Familiar
Befaco's site is now english friendly!

Best effort translations, but info is pretty usable now!
Ginko
I'm guessing you can just use jacks instead of nanas? (don't hit me!!) (hides)
Luap
Ginko wrote:
I'm guessing you can just use jacks instead of nanas? (don't hit me!!) (hides)

I cant speak for all their kits, but the crush delay kit I just got came with Jacks as standard. Bananas being an option I believe.
reodjectz
So I am putting together the crush delay and I have a question about the calibration procedure:

For measuring the amps across JP3 I assume that the module needs to be plugged in... do the ICs need to be in as well? And then just solder them together afterwards? It is in a weird location as it is under an IC... should I solder in some leads before putting in the socket?

Also - I really want to like these modules the whole line seems really interesting, BUT the metal panel (on mine anyway) is a disappointment. The holes don't quite match the graphics and some of it text is already scrapped off. The plexi panel seems much more precisely done, but I was really hoping for a bunch of nice clean white modules rather than clear...
Befacosynth
reodjectz wrote:
So I am putting together the crush delay and I have a question about the calibration procedure:

For measuring the amps across JP3 I assume that the module needs to be plugged in... do the ICs need to be in as well? And then just solder them together afterwards? It is in a weird location as it is under an IC... should I solder in some leads before putting in the socket?

Also - I really want to like these modules the whole line seems really interesting, BUT the metal panel (on mine anyway) is a disappointment. The holes don't quite match the graphics and some of it text is already scrapped off. The plexi panel seems much more precisely done, but I was really hoping for a bunch of nice clean white modules rather than clear...

Sorry to read about your dissapointment. Definetly we should state clearer that almost all of the front panels are hand made. It's stated in our shop policy but it's definetly a bit hidden... Need to change this!
Also we do our best to make them look perfect, but definetly we are failing on that! need to improve....
At the moment the only modules with factory made panels are BF22, ADSR, Hex VCA and even VCO. We are not planning to make panels for the delay, sorry. If you are interested, I can send you a plexi panel. It is not white, but it's laser cutted smile Send us a mail if interested and we will post it for free.

Calibration procedure is to set the range of delay times both in normal and crush mode. With stated current values you will get suggested max. delay times for both modes.
You can play a bit with these values if you like to get more digital junk and glitches!

You assumed well, module need to be pluggen in and ICs placed in their right place.
You can access JP3 from bottom side of the board, solder two pieces of wire to them so you can hook up your multimeter.
After finishing solder a resistor leg or similar to connect them.
reodjectz
Thanks for the quick reply and explanation for how to calibrate the delay time. I have to admit I have never used the amp meter on my multimeter.

I think I will stick with the metal panel for consistency with the Instrument Interface kit I also got (the panel for that one is much cleaner / more precise). Plus I like the ascetic of the white panel and knobs with red accents.

Interestingly enough the delay came with both a plexi panel as well as the metal one.

Down the line will you start using manufactured faceplates? (and looking forward the the sampling modulator kits being available again).
euromorcego
@Befacosynth: What kind of material are the panels? And would you consider selling some blank panels (undrilled)?
I am trying to do some panels on my own, with little success so far wink I tried the HP everyday glossy but it seems to stick quite tightly to the blind panels I use (doepfer).

But I have two befaco modules, and did the panel labelling myself on both (paper was provided by you), and it worked fine (the panels were pre-drilled, alignment of mounting holes is indeed not optimal though, difficult to fit in a standard rack, I will have to re-drill/widen these, I guess.).

Otherwise great modules.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3