MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Read this! list of working euro rack cases
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Read this! list of working euro rack cases
FatRocky
assigning one 1.2amp psu for each row in a G6 case looks a bit complicated for me. I'll get a big monorocket! thanks.
FatRocky
FatRocky wrote:
assigning one 1.2amp psu for each row in a G6 case looks a bit complicated for me. I'll get a big monorocket! thanks.

here it is:
metasonix
As requested, here is a repost of info on the new Monorocket cabinet that is intended specifically for Metasonix R modules.

The Mission 9M is specifically designed for Metasonix modules, and particularly the new R-55 oscillator module which, on its own, draws enough current to shut down any other eurorack power supply on the planet. This power supply puts out a whopping 8.5 amps (8500mA) on the +/-12v rails and 8 amps (8000mA) on the +5v rails! It truly is 'The Mother Of All Eurorack Power Supplies'! The M9M power supply is an internal universal supply (100v to 240v) so this case can be used anywhere in the world.

Bus boards include both standard sockets and Analogue Systems type sockets for easy connecting with no adapter cables required.

Monorocket cases use the sliding-nut mounting system which eliminates any gaps between modules by different manufacturers.

The M9M includes mounting screws and IEC power cable.

The standard color will be Metasonix Yellow, but you can custom order pretty much any color you can imagine.

Big City Music purchase page.
FatRocky
metasonix wrote:
As requested, here is a repost of info on the new Monorocket cabinet that is intended specifically for Metasonix R modules.

The Mission 9M is specifically designed for Metasonix modules, and particularly the new R-55 oscillator module which, on its own, draws enough current to shut down any other eurorack power supply on the planet. This power supply puts out a whopping 8.5 amps (8500mA) on the +/-12v rails and 8 amps (8000mA) on the +5v rails! It truly is 'The Mother Of All Eurorack Power Supplies'! The M9M power supply is an internal universal supply (100v to 240v) so this case can be used anywhere in the world.

Bus boards include both standard sockets and Analogue Systems type sockets for easy connecting with no adapter cables required.

Monorocket cases use the sliding-nut mounting system which eliminates any gaps between modules by different manufacturers.

The M9M includes mounting screws and IEC power cable.

The standard color will be Metasonix Yellow, but you can custom order pretty much any color you can imagine.

Big City Music purchase page.

this is great , but it seems that the BCM guys don't like to send these outside the States. We have to find our own way to get lots of yellow in our systems. seriously, i just don't get it
cinnamonjuly
Anyone have ideas for modifying Doepfer P9 cases for these....?
oversee
Can anyone here speculate about how well the new monorocket M6c ps might handle Metasonix modules?

I was considering the M9M, but realistically it is too much case for me. I've got an R51, R52, and an R54 (of course there would be other modules but no high draw digital ones.) Any one of the R serries in my Zeus powered case introduces an unacceptable ammount of hum. I've got an M6c on order, but now that I see it is a switching, not a linear power supply I worry I may encounter the same problem with the monorocket as I've had with Metasonix modules and my Zeus.

Thanks.
hednoize
5V Power module for Metasonix R-55 modules:

http://voltergeist.org/

Quote:
This 2HP module allows you to add 4 amps of 5V power to your Eurorack system. This is enough to power up to 2 Metasonix R55 modules. They are available in black, blue, or yellow.
Magma2008
I use Metasonix's RKP Power System to run a R54, R57, and four solid state modules.
otoskope
I've seen no mention of the Synthrotek Deluxe Power module here. It uses an external 6A 19V switching brick, and is rated at 2A +12V, 1.5A -12V and 1.5A 5V.

I've run it successfully with four R-modules in different configurations, primarily R51+53+54+57. Sometimes its power LEDs flicker for a second or two during startup (due to the cold start current rush), but not always, so this is close to its limit.

This has been a temporary solution while waiting for some beefier Doepfer PSUs, but I thought it'd be good to know, as it is more powerful than some of the other similar panel power modules.
FA
I read on the Metasonix website that the new PSU3 from Doepfer should be able to handle at least 3 RK modules, has anyone here tried this and had any success? Perhaps even with some other solid-state modules as well?

I did find a older thread where someone claimed to have no problems even with additional modules from other manufacturers but I would just like to have this confirmed by someone else just in case before I order anything.

Being the novice that I am I'm a little weary that the PSU3 is a switching type which from what I've gathered might not provide enough power for the startup of the Metasonix modules. Apologies in advance if I'm missing something very obvious here, I'm still learning.

I did find one seller of a LC6 case that a claims that it has the older PSU2, no idea if this is just a case of not having a up to date website or not but assuming it is true, would that be preferable to the PSU3?
otoskope
Hi FA -
Indeed, the PSU3 can run more than 3. In my system (see below), I use a PSU2 for the lower row, a PSU3 for the middle row (4 modules), and the standard PSU for the Doepfer 1-frame for the top row. Also, the PSU3 provides 5V to all of them.

So you should have no problem.
FA
otoskope,

Thank you for the very swift reply! Since You have 4 modules with a PSU3 I would assume that 2, perhaps even 3, RK modules along with say 2-3 regular solid-state modules would be no problem at all right?

Edit: With "Doepfer-1 Frame" do you mean this? If that's the case then their power supplies are obviously very conservatively rated.

http://www.doepfer.de/a100p_e.htm#A100LC3
otoskope
I'd say you can have a large number of normal (non-Metasonix) modules on the PSU3. It can power a big system. So you should be fine with the configuration you suggest. As you can se in my earlier post a few steps up, even a Synthrotek Deluxe Power (a small panel power module with an external switching power brick) could power 4 R-modules. That's what I used before.
FA
That's fantastic to hear about the PSU3 and I'll certainly look into the Synthrotek as well!

Did you have chance to look at my edit of my post above? Posted it right before you answered.
otoskope
Yes, correct - that's the doepfer 1-frame I have. It is just repainted in my system.
FA
Again, thank you very much for your swift replies!
gringostar
Has anyone tried the Bastl Marton?

http://noise.kitchen/shop/case/bastl-marton-case/

Power specs are listed as +5V/5000mA, +12V/2800mA, -12V/500mA which seems like it should be able to handle a few RK modules but if anyone has seen this case in the wild I would love more information on it.[/url]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2