MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

RackPlanner 1.3
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> RackPlanner Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author RackPlanner 1.3
dougcl
Here's an example of the new scaled image quality.

dougcl
Hi folks, 1.2 is now available. SaveAs JPG now works with any directory.

If you haven't upgraded in a while, the latest version is much improved. Just copy RackPlanner.jar over your existing one.
KNYST
thumbs up
dslocum
I started playing with RackPlanner about a month ago so I'm a newb, but couldn't find any MU / DOTCOM rack XMLs for studio or portable cabs. Am I missing something?
dougcl
dslocum wrote:
I started playing with RackPlanner about a month ago so I'm a newb, but couldn't find any MU / DOTCOM rack XMLs for studio or portable cabs. Am I missing something?

Probably not. Some people have created background images, and some stuff is available here: http://squiggletronics.com/files/RackPlannerModules/images/

But it's hit and miss whether what you need is there. If you can't find anything, do the following
1) Create a background image jpg and put it in the images subdirectory.
2) Create a subdirectory for your modules, and put all the modules in there.
3) Open an existing rack, delete all the modules out of it and save as a new rack.
4) Use Edit->Rack Properties to point to the background image and modules directory. Specify the correct HP for the rack. HP is the number of horizontal module spaces in your rack (must match whatever you did in the image).

Post the image and rack.xml in this subforum so others can use it smile
BananaPlug
dslocum wrote:

Your timing is real good!
I just installed RACK-O-MATIC on ModuleMaker

Let me know how that works out. nanners

If you want me to add more rack image formats PM me and I'll ask you for some measurements etc.
dougcl
OMG lol

Looks awesome. Maybe create a separate thread for this.
Petur
Does anyone have a link to the complete zip of euro modules from http://squiggletronics.com/files/RackPlannerModules/browse.php ?

The link at the top (to the zip containing all modules) seems to be broken and i'd prefer to not download each module one by one.
BananaPlug
Yikes. Sorry about that. I didn't know it was broken.

It's fixed now! 23.47MB of euro zips could take awhile.

Euro's gotten so big. Maybe we need some other way to pick modules for downloading.
Petur
BananaPlug wrote:
Yikes. Sorry about that. I didn't know it was broken.

It's fixed now! 23.47MB of euro zips could take awhile.

Super! Thanks! Downloading right now.
BananaPlug
d'oh! Just fixed another broken thing in today's revised ModuleMaker. That's what I get for rushing it out the door. Nothing serious just a typo disabling essential functions.
Drumdrumdrumdrum
So this is only for PC?
qu.one
Drumdrumdrumdrum wrote:
So this is only for PC?

not at all. it's java.
Henfield
Hey, I tried this today, but I could not get any Rack Image .jpgs to download for the Dotcom format. No issues with Euro, 5U, etc., but it wouldn't work for Dotcom.
dougcl
http://squiggletronics.com/files/RackPlannerModules/collections/Dotcom .zip

This is just the button at the top of the dotcom area.
BananaPlug
Henfield: I noticed an out of date file. I replaced that, tried it, it worked.

dougcl: You're linking him to a big file of all the dotcom module zips but I think he was asking for a Rack-o-matic rack image to use in RackPlanner.
Henfield
BananaPlug wrote:
Henfield: I noticed an out of date file. I replaced that, tried it, it worked.

dougcl: You're linking him to a big file of all the dotcom module zips but I think he was asking for a Rack-o-matic rack image to use in RackPlanner.

I appreciate the help! You are right, I am looking for a Rack-o-matic image. I may be doing something wrong, but it still does not work for me.
BananaPlug
Turns out I was too stingy about handing out memory and the small test I did had enough but yours did not. It will now make a 50 space wide Dotcom without complaining and should avoid fatal errors if you ask for something too big but the numbers are not working out quite as I expected so I can't guarantee that.
Henfield
BananaPlug wrote:
Turns out I was too stingy about handing out memory and the small test I did had enough but yours did not. It will now make a 50 space wide Dotcom without complaining and should avoid fatal errors if you ask for something too big but the numbers are not working out quite as I expected so I can't guarantee that.

A huge thank you!!! It works!!! I just need the Oakley MU modules added to the Library!!
essex sound lab
Henfield wrote:
I just need the Oakley MU modules added to the Library!!

I've done a few, but perhaps I didn't make them public or they were rejected.

They're hard to do well because there aren't many straight-on shots of them.
Drumdrumdrumdrum
Has anyone got this working on an iPad?
krisp14u
Henfield wrote:

I Photographed and uploaded the whole lot this weekend just waiting for them to be processed
If anyone want the files PM or email me and I will send them over
dougcl
Drumdrumdrumdrum wrote:
Has anyone got this working on an iPad?

Unfortunately Apple has decided to try to kill both Java and Flash. RackPlanner is written Java, and the Modular Planner is written in Flash. Neither can be legally run on the iPhone or iPad.
BananaPlug
krisp14u wrote:
Henfield wrote:

I Photographed and uploaded the whole lot this weekend just waiting for them to be processed
If anyone want the files PM or email me and I will send them over

Done. Sorry for the delay.

I do intend to farm this out to module moderators but I have to write some code for that and several things have higher priorities.
krisp14u
BananaPlug wrote:

Done. Sorry for the delay.

I do intend to farm this out to module moderators but I have to write some code for that and several things have higher priorities.

Thank you very much for doing it so fast
you sir are a gentleman we're not worthy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> RackPlanner Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 7 of 9