MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

RackPlanner 1.3
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> RackPlanner Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author RackPlanner 1.3
dougcl
Holy cow this is awesome. hyper

Hey, I noticed that there are quite a few Doepfer modules that used to be up there (at least I thought they were) but now they're gone. Should I create the missing Doepfer modules as time permits, or did you have a different plan?
BananaPlug
Really? The only thing I can think of is that I renamed some of the older Doepfer files that didn't have the format initial "E" in them. What's missing?

Glad you like the new feature.
dougcl
I think it's probably just me. I created some later and they probably didn't make it into your library.

Do you prefer module descriptions in the name now? Seems like a good idea.
BananaPlug
Quote:
Do you prefer module descriptions in the name now? Seems like a good idea.

Yes but not too wordy because they fill up the dialog box in the planner. At first I was going with whatever seemed predominant among the contributions but more and more I think the numbered modules need a word or two.

The early PlanB contributions were all like "Model28" but I think I'll rename them at some point like "M28 Tap Clk" or "M12 Filter" unless somebody wants to suggest something else.

Interestingly only a few of the Blacet modules have their numbers in the filenames.
dougcl
Got it. Thanks.
BananaPlug
I guess that was you who contributed a pile of modules last night. I've added them to the library. FYI, I have to change S&H to S-H because ampersands don't make for happy filenames.

The Plan B modules have all been renamed: "Model28" became "M28 Tap Clk"
Sorry if that inconveniences anybody. In the long run I think it's helpful.

At some point I'll try to get around to adding descriptive words to those Doepfer zips that don't yet have them.

The automatic update of the collection zip worked nicely.

One more thing: The Euro collection is now 129 files and almost 7MB.
BananaPlug
Here's what people using the Module Maker have contributed to the Module Library recently.

Recent Contributions Log — as of Apr 24 2009
Added: Cwejman_E_VC-FC.zip
Added: Doepfer_E_A-116 Waveform Proc
Added: Flame_E_Clcokwork.zip
Added: Wiard_F_1210A Noise Ring.zip
Added: Wiard_F_1212A Boogie.zip
Added: Wiard_F_1213A Borg.zip
Added: Doepfer_E_A-133 Dual Polarizer.zip
Added: Plan B_E_M9 Mixer Attenuator.zip
Added: Doepfer_E_A-143-9 Quadrature LFO.zip
Added: Doepfer_E_A-148 S-H.zip
Added: Doepfer_E_A-172 Max Min.zip
Added: Doepfer_E_A-167 Comparator.zip
Added: Doepfer_E_A-162 Trig Del.zip
Added: Doepfer_E_A-160 Clock Div.zip
Added: Doepfer_E_A-152.zip
Added: Doepfer_E_A-137 Wave Mult.zip
Added: Doepfer_E_A-146 LFO.zip
Added: Doepfer_E_A-121 Multi Filter.zip
Added: Doepfer_E_A-117 Dig. Noise.zip

In case you didn't know, there's also Modcan and a few MOTM format modules.

Let me know if you have any feature suggestions or would like to see a format added.
Kent
DUDES!!! HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK!!!

Thanks for getting me to try this out again. The last time that I played with this we didn't have Banana Plug's awesome Squiggle-Tronics module builder. I just created every ASol module known to man. Awesome utility. Thanks, guys.

P.S. I left out the super-rare Filter1 as my only image of it is shit.
BananaPlug
Quote:
I just created every ASol module known to man.

Wow! What a heap of percussion goodies that was. I had no idea there were so many different bass drums and snares in the AS line. They are available in the library now. My coffee hadn't fully kicked in yet when I went through them so I forgot to lower case some capitalized filenames, hope it's not too screamy for you.
Kent
Hey BananaPlug,

One thing that I noticed is that both Analogue Solutions and Analogue Systems are abbreviated as "AS" on the site. I've tended to prefer ASol & ASys. Would it be possible to change this in order to make for easier navigation and for the sake of clarity?

Also, the Doepfer 8HP Blanking Panel that I made (same size as the power inlet on their cases) came out as 9HP for some reason.

Besides these two things I must re-state my amazement at what a kick-ass tool you guys have provided. I wish that I'd gotten on board sooner.

3 x SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! and a w00t
BananaPlug
Sorry, my mistake. It's all fixed now and I used ASol & ASys. Fixed the blank panel too. The HP is figured out by looking at the image dimensions. Skinny Euro the modules are the most challenging.

Glad you like it! Virtual beer to Doug for writing the RackPlanner. Chugging Beers
BananaPlug
Somebody submitted another version of the AFG and I'm trying to fact check it. How many HP is a Livewire AFG? The Livewire website doesn't seem to think it's worth mentioning, or at least I couldn't find it. Maybe they don't want to scare people. hihi
Veqtor
It was me, the AFG is 28 HP, and that missing HP was driving me nuts so I did a fix in GIMP. It was also me who uploaded the two ChaQuo's, the edited one is the right one...
dougcl
Hi Veqtor,
Just so you'll know, in case you didn't, you can edit the module.xml file and increase the HP by one. With such a wide module and the image being probably within a fraction of an HP, you wouldn't see any difference.
BananaPlug
Both of the ChaQuo images came out as 20HP which is correct, they just look different. The AFG came out as 28 so I replaced the old one with that. Thanks.

FYI, the FoH Choices joystick joined the library today too.
Veqtor
Actually, I have tried editing the module.xml file, but sometimes, it doesn't work. The module ends up being blank!

I upped the choices modules and because of my OCD I upped photo-panels of ModDemod and the Plague Bearer 1E and 2E!

I highly suggest you go for them instead of the older ones. Since they look a lot better!
dougcl
Hi Veqtor, the blank panel syndrome usually means that the image filename in the module.xml doesn't match the filename of the image.
Veqtor
No I think the problem lies in that it can't resize it to fit the correct proportions, no? I didn't change the filename at all. Just the HP
dougcl
It should scrunch anything into anything. Shouldn't matter. It could be that when the xml was added back to the zip, it was added with the full path accidentally? After altering the xml, have a look at the zip contents and make sure paths aren't shown next to the files in the zip (you can compare it to the original from squiggletronics). That's the only other thing I can think of. Well, except maybe if the module.xml file got an extra character or something in the wrong place when it was edited.

Edit: Well so much for those theories. I just tried both setting the HP undersized and including the full path in the zip. Still works. No idea what the problem could be. Send me the zip and I'll have a look. Are you on a Mac, by chance?
dougcl
Send me the zip and I'll have a look.
Veqtor
Weird, it works now... Maybe I was using an older version before, when I was having these problems. I can't seem to replicate the issue now anymore.
Kent
Gents,

I've read through the 5 pages and am still scratching my head. Is it possible to have my spiffy Eurorack plan up and incorporate my 3 racks of Frac into it as well? I'd like to have the Frac & Euro on the same planner. Is this possible?

If not, can I lay out my Frac stuff in another window without borking my Euro Planner? Can I hop back & forth between the two? Can this be explained to a stone-tablet-weilding, Cuneiform-chiseling, Luddite like myself in 2-syllable words?
a100user
Started playing with the module maker to get a couple of Voxglitch modules done and I screwed them up, please delete them and I'll do them again.

Thanks
BananaPlug
Okay. They're gone.
a100user
Thanks

BTW in order to scale the images correctly should they be a certain size, dumb question I know but seriously, i just don't get it
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> RackPlanner Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 4 of 9