MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Post pics of your DIY setup!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Post pics of your DIY setup!
falafelbiels
still learning to wiggle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Post pics of your DIY setup! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I noticed other sub-forums have this and although they have impressive systems in them, they just don't thrill me as much as seeing DIY stuff!
Now the search function couldn't find me a similar thread in Music Tech DIY so I thought why not?

I guess I'd better kick off.

This is where I'm at after about one and a half year of DIY. Please ignore the Tyme Sefari, not that I don't like it but anyway...

WHERE YOURS AT?!

Dear Mod,
If a similar thread does exist, or maybe this belongs in DIY Forum Challenge (though I don't know about that), please move it to there and I'll edit the nonsense out.
Luka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i dont think we have done this yet - nice idea

melbourne australia
soundcloud
vimeo
Low-Gain
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very nice systems guys! looks very productive. i'll post once i get my studio back in order.

falafelbiels: i like your tank. smile

decaying.sine
Broken <--> Fixed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here is my SDIY building zone. This is an older pic. I have two more of those big gray things filled with ICs now. My o-scope is on another desk. I am switching over to an L-shaped desk since it is a little bigger.

I have an ikea drawer thingy that I store PCBs and panels in. I have been collecting them while working on my skills.

Here is my at home etching setup in this thread.
http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24244&highlight=etchi ng

I guess I don't have a lot of pics of my builds because most of them are at various stages of stuffing and wiring. I'll have to post a few when I get a little further.

"Vactrols ringing, Dude." "Thank you Donny"
russma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...soothing candle FTW.

Guinness ftw!

parasitk
I Play Loco Gigs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have any good pics of my workspace at the moment, but here's my in-progress DIY synth (I've posted these around before):

Coppersynth, October 2010 by parasitk, on Flickr

Coppersynth patched by parasitk, on Flickr

Coppersynth patched by parasitk, on Flickr

I have the 292c clones and Mankato done. The Mankato doesn't work at the moment and I have no idea why. I'm in the middle of wiring the Living VCOs right now.

Next year I start a second row after I've moved and have my workspace all set up again! sad banana

dkcg wrote:
But in the end, it felt like I was playing WiiSoundMasterJedi.
falafelbiels
still learning to wiggle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It got stickied even! w00t For a minute I couldn't find it anymore huhuh...

Luka
I really love the live rig you're working on. The ultimate in SDIY or somewhere damn near!

Low-Gain
The Leman Russ or the Land Raider? The Land Raider is pretty DIY and belongs in the pic really. Too bad it will never be finished...

decaying.sine
That is ridiculously neat! My place looks like an outhouse. Get wiring man!

parasitk
That is ridiculously beautiful...
eek!
decaying.sine
Broken <--> Fixed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No kidding. So much wiring to do!

Another thing I added to the little work area was a true HEPA filter. It is awesome at sucking up the solder fumes. I basically solder right in front of it and don't have to open the window. I picked up the idea from a post here, I believe, and a recommendation on the filter by xart's post.

Coppersynth is unbelievably beautiful isn't it? Actually, I'm always impressed by all the amazing DIY panel styles. Pretty inspiring stuff.

"Vactrols ringing, Dude." "Thank you Donny"
Low-Gain
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

decaying.sine: NOW THAT'S A CLEAN SPACE !! wow. i wish my benches could be that clean. >_<
Luka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha same

mine become that clean about once per quarter and then they slowly become a landfill. good idea with the air filter. you would really need it in that space looking at the angle of the wall

i like to see that other people patch up their unfinished modules just to see what it looks like when in operation smile

melbourne australia
soundcloud
vimeo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60  Next [all]
Page 1 of 60

Jump to: