MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
CLOSED: FSR-402 Group Buy
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author CLOSED: FSR-402 Group Buy
valis
aliens killed bigfoot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: CLOSED: FSR-402 Group Buy Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Payment due 5/1

Check out This thread for more info on FSRs, circuits, etc, etc.

Okay, I've been promising that I'd do a group buy for some time regarding some FSR402s from digikey. Here's what we're talking about: FSR402s

As you can see, the 100 unit price break is significant. We'd be looking at $4.07 per unit at 100. If we hit 250 it gets cheaper still.

Here's what you need to know about this group buy:

- It's only on if we reach 100 units.

- There's a five unit minimum order

-State how many FSR402s you'd like in this thread and I'll send you my paypal address within a few days. I'd like to get an idea that we'll hit 100 before I start actaully taking money.

-Once the group buy is closed, then I'll order the parts.

- Shipping rates have gone up and international shipping is still quite difficult to correctly guess. Therefore shipping/handling will be $7.50 per order (with delivery confirmation) in the USA, $10 in Canada, and $15 elsewhere. When I ship the international packages, if I find out that shipping was cheaper, I will gladly refund the difference.

- You can paypal me as a personal payment or you can find out what the paypal charge is and include it in your order price. Either way, I'd like you to pay the paypal fees please.

-This group buy will stay open for four weeks.

- This group order is a big thanks to Xpander, decaying.since, etc, etc I actually don't really need any FSRs right now but I said that I'd do this order and I believe it's a good way to give back to the community

Fine print:

By participating in this group buy you agree that:

- You are responsible for any customs charges that may occur upon entering your country of residence.

- You are ordering electronic parts, if you kill yourself using it, fry the part, don't understand how to use it you are responsible, not me. I'll test a quantity of the parts we receive but I am unable to test every FSR that we order to verify it's within specs.

- I will order these parts on good faith. You agree that you trust me to send them out to you. If you receive an empty box or never receive it at all, that's an issue between you and your post office. I'll try to help in any way I can but I am not responsible for lost or damaged items.

Last edited by valis on Thu May 02, 2013 10:42 am; edited 4 times in total
valis
aliens killed bigfoot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ORDERED/PAID

valis-11
Jarno - 10
The Peasant - 24
rowman - 10
Pfurmel, 10
roglok - 6
mikecameron -5
defenestration 10
mcesie 10

sicpaul 10
moogah 16
-------------------------------------------------------------
122 paid

PLEASE: If your handle does not have your location please add it to your post. Thanks!

Payment due by 5/1

Last edited by valis on Sat May 04, 2013 10:20 pm; edited 17 times in total
Jarno
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jarno - 10

Thanks for organising this!
The Peasant
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Peasant - 12

I'll post a link to this thread in the previous one so others know to come here now.

Take care,
Doug

www.electronicpeasant.com
rowman
birds are dinosaurs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll take 10 thumbs up
delayed
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

any chance of a freely shared pnp layout going along with these?
Pfurmel
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pfurmel, 10
Jarno
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can share mine, it's basically a DC mixer with range and offset controls.
Really wanted to try the current source setup from the FSR manual, as it seems that gets you a more linear range, but didn't get around to it, and used the simple voltage divider setup.
Did anyone try feeding the FSRs constant current instead of constant voltage?
Pfurmel
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Andrew was kind enough to offer this http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1073050#1073050

I don't think anyone has arranged the order yet, though.

The Peasant
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jarno wrote:
Did anyone try feeding the FSRs constant current instead of constant voltage?

I have had very good results doing that, on this thread is a circuit that can be switched between both modes:

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72868&postdays=0&post order=asc&start=60

Take care,
Doug

www.electronicpeasant.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: