MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Brackets for mounting circuit boards on panel
Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Brackets for mounting circuit boards on panel
AAG
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Brackets for mounting circuit boards on panel Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi,

I know that there are small brackets for mounting PCBs that you attach lika a washer between the panel and for example a pot.

I need them for euro modular projects.

What are these called and where can I buy them?

Thanks!

Cablebasher
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too would like to know.

I have a bridechamber wooglebug desperately needing being attached is my erica synths panel.

Cheers.
roglok
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

check out this thread for plenty of ideas and options: http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11606
AAG
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks!
seanpark
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the sduck method of using tin snips to trim down a piece of flashing or similar material as seen on the thread roglok linked. An added bonus of this method is ease of service / troubleshooting / modification.

edit: it appears in that particular thread sduck is showing a purpose-designed bridechamber bracket. I think he also suggested the flashing / tin snips in another thread.

There are also the small pot brackets as seen on Oakley builds:

http://www.oakleysound.co.uk/comp.htm

Look at the second picture. Under stress the pot brackets take the strain instead of just the PCB traces where the pot is soldered.

I've never used these little brackets. Anyone have a part no or proper name for these things?

Are your muff searches turning up 1000s of results every time? Join search terms with 'AND' to search for both instead of either/both. i.e. 'pcb artwork' returns 6549 while 'pcb AND artwork' returns 92.
Have big fatar keybed, WTB IKC
drip.feed
Roll it off at 30 Hz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Brackets for mounting circuit boards on panel Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AAG wrote:
Hi,

I know that there are small brackets for mounting PCBs that you attach lika a washer between the panel and for example a pot.

I need them for euro modular projects.

What are these called and where can I buy them?

Thanks!

I use these little fellas on standoffs:
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?id=PC01443&Ntt=PC0 1443

fuzzbass
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here is an alternate approach that works where space is at a premium. It does require mounting holes drilled through the panel. The example is a 4hp J3RK FADR, about as cramped as a panel can get.

Materials:
4-40 nylon standoffs, screws and nuts - McMaster Carr
4-40 stainless steel crews - McMaster Carr
L brackets one side drilled 1/8, the other drilled and tapped 4-40.
The brackets are available from Mouser part number 534-612, $0.25 each.
Better hurry, there are only 56,066 in stock in US.

sduck
WTF?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Get a dremel tool and some tin snips - you can make a bracket out of almost anything. I've used a lot of roof flashing from home depot, but it's kind of flimsy. Lowes sells sheets of aluminum in various thicknesses - I bought a few of these that are a bit thicker and they work great.
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing synths is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
flickr cloud of sound touyube
CLee
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had these made. No holes to drill in the front panel. Made for 4U Serge spacing but you could do something similar for euro.

roglok
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just posted this in the SDIY gloat thread - similar to the aluminium L bracket method, but more useful for parallel mounting:

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1702775#1702775

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: