MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Watch out! I just nuked 1-post user "gear101" after receiving five different complaints over the course of about 20mins that he's sending PMs to people offering to sell gear. Seems pretty fishy! I'm sure he'll be back under a different name but with the same old game. Be careful! Thanks to everyone who let me know about this guy.

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
The Jellyfish V2 Modular [AVAILABLE]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author The Jellyfish V2 Modular [AVAILABLE]
plankton
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: The Jellyfish V2 Modular [AVAILABLE] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

EDITED 01/07/14

New video added:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xMUw35ocDc

EDITED 24/06/14

Mods document updated with the Tap Tempo mod! Guinness ftw!

EDITED 19/06/14

Added a new document. DIY mods!: http://www.planktonelectronics.com/docs/thejellyfishv2modular/The%20Je llyfish%20V2%20Modular%20Mods.pdf.zip

The website is updated with all the info:

www.planktonelectronics.com

EDITED 13/06/14

The store is open and working properly now:

store.planktonelectronics.com/thejellyfish-s/1817.htm

You can order there thumbs up

Info will be updated on the blog on monday, but you have all the necessary on the links below.

I forget the code for the SYNC function: https://github.com/albertfc/avr_jelly_sync

Is made by Albert Farr├ęs, not me, so don't ask too much about it!

EDITED 10/06/14

BOM updated: 5x 1M resistors --> 6x 1M resistors

I'm making a new online store. This week will be available. Meanwhile, PM me if you want a Jelly.

EDITED 06/06/14

All the docs here:

BOM updated! http://www.planktonelectronics.com/docs/thejellyfishv2modular/The%20Je llyfish%20V2%20Modular%20BOM.pdf.zip

Schematics
http://www.planktonelectronics.com/docs/thejellyfishv2modular/The%20Je llyfish%20V2%20Modular%20Schematics.zip

Calibration Tutorial
http://www.planktonelectronics.com/docs/thejellyfishv2modular/The%20Je llyfish%20V2%20Modular%20Calibration%20Tutorial.pdf.zip

Assembly Tutorial
http://www.planktonelectronics.com/docs/thejellyfishv2modular/The%20Je llyfish%20V2%20Modular%20Assembly%20Tutorial.pdf.zip

Not posted in the website! I have no net connection here yet, so I'm working with a slow phone connection. Hope on monday I could update the shop at least!!!

Hi!

The Jellyfish V2 Modular is finally here. nanners

Video:

http://youtu.be/RGSmf2N-3IE

Audio demos:

- Some more demos of the modular version: https://soundcloud.com/plankton-electronics/sets/the-jellyfish-v2-modu lar
- Demos from the V1 (dual channel desktop version) which is essentially the same. For xdelay and stereo effects 2 modular channels are needed: https://soundcloud.com/plankton-electronics/sets/the-jellyfish

The Jellyfish V2 Specs:

- One single channel eurorack module.
- Based on a PT2399.
- Gain potentiometer with clipping led.
- Wet and Dry controls for the mix
- Time and Fine controls for the Delay time. Delay times from 27 to 600 mseg. with the knob. Far away (to overclock the chip) with CV input. It can be extended to double of the original time changing the time pot to 100K. A lot of noise is added to the delayed signal then. Demos soon
- Feedback knob, from 1 to infinite reps.
- Send and Return connections for the feedback path. You can connect any effect or whatever you want here. It will affect the delay repetitions. Each repetition will pass through the chain. You can also connect more Jellyfish modules to create the "Xdelay" function of the V1. Or you can connect 2 clipping diodes for clip the reps.
- LFO with square and triangle waves directly to delay time.
- LFO output independent of the "Depth" knob.
- CV inputs for time, feedback and wet.
- Sync input! Input a clock signal here (0-5V square wave) and the delay time will be synced to it within the specs of the delay (slower or faster signals will be clocked to max o min).
- No wiring! This is a set of 2 PCB with "PCB type" components. Very easy building.
- Doepfer or screw type power connectors.

Check Prices at the store. They have changed for the kit and the shipments.

Last edited by plankton on Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:18 pm; edited 38 times in total
coopersloan
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like a fun project. Looking forward to seeing the demo video and most likely down for a PCB/Chip set.
nikmis
my last name backwards

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can it be built for +/- 15 volts?
and if I build it with my own panel, not eurorack, do I need to get both pcbs, or will you sell one separately?

If so, I definitely want to build two, that would be 2 x pcb and 2 x pre-programmed chip.

horstronic
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very nice!
You can definetely count me in.
I'm just not shure yet if I will take the full kit or just PCB+Panel+Chip. Or even a double set? meh
Does the sync input work like a tap tempo?

facebook

youtube
alexdsteak
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in as well for the full kit.
Imagine my son (that likes Spongebob) when I tell him that I have a
Plankton module...

Or maybe better not, otherwise he will try to destroy him razz

grin

A.

Actually no, I have to repair a friends' Raclette machine...
plankton
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Can it be built for +/- 15 volts?
and if I build it with my own panel, not eurorack, do I need to get both pcbs, or will you sell one separately?

If so, I definitely want to build two, that would be 2 x pcb and 2 x pre-programmed chip.

It will work with 15/-15 with minor adjustments. If you want to build your own panel, not eurorack, is better to use the 2 PCBs. Just use wires where the Pots and Jacks are. The top PCB uses components for the LFO output.

You can use only the bottom PCB if you want to solder some extra resistors to the potentiometers and forget the LFO output. Not too difficult if you have experience.

Quote:
Very nice!
You can definetely count me in.
I'm just not shure yet if I will take the full kit or just PCB+Panel+Chip. Or even a double set? meh
Does the sync input work like a tap tempo?

The sync in is very similar to a tap tempo but not the same. The AVR chip reads the input signal and comunicates to a digital resistor. The chip is reading the frequency constantly. If the frequency is changing the delay time will do. The digital resistor keeps the last value inputed, so if you stop to input signal it will keep it. In this way I guess that it can act as a Tap Tempo. I will try.

Dego
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want the kit hyper
spneca
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like one full kit plus the panel, please.
4floorsofwhores
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just finished building the old jellyfish. WOnderful bit of kit. I'll be up for a kit
aladan
Desperately Seeking Sondra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am interested in one or two of these. Could you please tell me whether it is designed to work with 'normal' modular signal levels (i.e. +/-12V or +/-15V) for the audio, or with line levels (i.e. +/-1.2V approx)?

I thought it was originally a standalone pedal unit that was intended for line level audio rather than modular voltages so I didn't get one - is that still the case? If so then I guess I'll just have to get one of the CGS level conversion PCBs...

Thanks!
A.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: