MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Frac M15?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Frac M15?
D/A A/D

Yup... Have you guys ever seen this???

http://www.buzzclick-music.com/misc.html

Or am I the last to the party as per usual?

Mr. Green
brandon daniel
one-off done for Gino, good luck getting one ;0)
Babaluma
about 5 years ago peter said he could make me one too, but i never followed up on it, that was way before all the plan b stuff. not sure if he's still be willing.

i'm DYING for different flavous of frac oscillator, but they HAVE TO BE the same width as the blacet ones.
parasitk
Ooh, very nice. These Frac one offs are an annoying tease!
mono-poly
Peter did some custom ones including a serge panel with the vco's.
I think he doesn't do cusom stuff anymore.
sandyb
apparently the model 15 runs ok off +/- 15v. peter said this on the yahoo group a while ago:
"..."yes you can" drive the M15 - any of them, old or new - from
15 volts. My suggestion is you try it as is and see if you like the
tracking and if not, there are some changes which may get you back to
the exact response of +/-12 supplies."

so you could rig up a power adaptor and get a faceplate made and smile - a frac model 15

sandy
parasitk
Ooh, shit really? hyper
Kwote
Babaluma wrote:
i'm DYING for different flavous of frac oscillator, but they HAVE TO BE the same width as the blacet ones.

that's what DIY is for wink
Muff Wiggler
yeah I saw that and some other custom stuff on the buzzclick webpage years ago - emailed Peter at the time to ask if I could commission some frac modules for myself - never got a reply though.
DGTom
sandyb wrote:
apparently the model 15 runs ok off +/- 15v. peter said this on the yahoo group a while ago:

so you could rig up a power adaptor and get a faceplate made and smile - a frac model 15

sandy

Sandy, do you have anymore info about this? Grounding issues? I'd really like to run my M15 with my Frac stuff.

Cheers,
sandyb
DGTom wrote:
sandyb wrote:

sandy

Sandy, do you have anymore info about this? Grounding issues? I'd really like to run my M15 with my Frac stuff.

Cheers,

no - sorry. just passing on what i'd read on the plan b group. i can't imagine there would be any grounding issues as frac racks have metal rails so the faceplates should be grounded fine.
DGTom
As far as I know Frac racks aren't grounded like Euro ones usually are, I think I read in a thread that you needed to run a ground to your rails in your wooden cabinet?

I might need to do the same with the M15 + Frac combo, maybe run the COM from the board to a couple of washers under the M15 faceplate hmmm.....
sandyb
DGTom wrote:
As far as I know Frac racks aren't grounded like Euro ones usually are, I think I read in a thread that you needed to run a ground to your rails in your wooden cabinet?

I might need to do the same with the M15 + Frac combo, maybe run the COM from the board to a couple of washers under the M15 faceplate hmmm.....

ah - if that's the case (no pun intended!) then i'd do that. i do have a ground from the doepfer diy power supply in my case running to the rails.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1