MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Young Bug
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Young Bug
anadeji

AKA the banana republic
AKA yung CONGO
AKA the blue menace

all ready for modules grin
It's peanut butter jelly time!
BugBrand
Nice!
Where's the rack from? Is it one of the infamous Randal ones?
Shame there's no power distro in it.. (yet!)
radams
That looks like Consumed's custom aluminum rack - nice !
anadeji
yeah, picked it up from consumed!

havent quite decided what i'm going to do about power, but thats half the adventure smile
BananaPlug
Anadeji, I just bought two used Power One HBB15-1.5-A DC supplies on eBay for dirt cheap. For one or two racks the HAA15-0.8-A would be more appropriate. Seller shipped the very next day and UPS says they'll be here Monday. Anyway they turn up pretty often and if you are competent to wire it up (other posts on this forum have all the details) you'll find they are very durable, clean supplies. You could mount the HAA15-0.8-A in a corner of your box but it's 2" thick so you'd have to have very flat modules in front of it. New, $40. The twice-as-big ones I got on the bay were $15 each.

For instant gratification the Blacet PS500A is ideal for a small system, is ready to use and can bolt on the back of a 3U chassis. Even has a small distro board inside that you can use for your first few modules. $130

OT, but my little mixed format synth ran out of distro and is low on power so it's getting one of these big 15V supplies and a MOTM-960 distro (21 outputs!). The system is 2 slightly wide rows of 15V modules (mostly BugBrand) and a 12V Serge panel with a couple little 12V pieces crowded in. I'll regulate some of the 15 down to 12 for the non-frac. Less of a rats nest that way and potential for more Bug modules!
anadeji

We've got contact!

ENV1, SYN2A, DD2, PRC3A, PRC5, UTL2 have joined the gang.

Absolutely floored by how amazing the Wavefolder sounds.. totally different character than almost any other wavefolder i've used (twf, a137-1 and stg). After years of being a minijack man... I think I've seen the light!

nanners

Freaking audio interface is still toast, so i'll have to update ya'll on some audio soon. Can't stop patching!!!
anadeji
PS. The Mini Power is awesome.. I had my doubts after some horrible (read: euro) experiences with wallwart based PSUs.. but this is super stable power!

PPS. Tom rocks!
BugBrand
anadeji wrote:
PS. The Mini Power is awesome.. I had my doubts after some horrible (read: euro) experiences with wallwart based PSUs.. but this is super stable power!

PPS. Tom rocks!

Thanks and very happy to see the results!
(Though I am a dumby who included one cable too few...)
radams
Anadeji - there's looks great -you can get a ton of sound out of 1 Bug rack !
a100user
radams wrote:
Anadeji - there's looks great -you can get a ton of sound out of 1 Bug rack !

Indeed you can thumbs up
KNYST
nice photo.
yes, the superior bananas! Rockin' Banana!
noise brigade

Absolutely floored by how amazing the Wavefolder sounds.. totally different character than almost any other wavefolder i've used (twf, a137-1 and stg). After years of being a minijack man... I think I've seen the light!

[/quote]
Cant wait to get the wavefolder
dogoftears
3 cheers to bugbrand for having some of the nicest looking panels i've seen in the whole market these days... it makes me want want want!!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1