MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

I <3 Hex zone!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author I <3 Hex zone!
tIB
Seriously... MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Amazing module, not got into the CV side of things yet but the rnd function on the switch is epic. Ive not even started chaining patterns yet and Im already in semi random heaven. I mean fuck, when youre bored of it triggering things you can just shove everything into it and switch the other way around! SlayerBadger!

Pretty sure Ill be seeking out another one of these in the future... stunning.

Noises here: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28341
http://soundcloud.com/t18/crop
http://soundcloud.com/t18/bliphop
ignatius
i wish there was a euro version. sigh.
tIB
I honestly think its worth having 3U of frac for. I want more hex!

Noise links added.
Adam-V
Indeedy; 1 frac frame will hold 2 Hex Zones and a Binary Zone (another frac module many euro users seem to lust after). That's a lot of sequencer in 3U!

Cheers,
Adam-V
tIB
^ the even better news is there was a binary zone in the same box! win!

Yet to figure that one out yet, just had it modulating stuff in the same way I would with a wogglebug.
Cat-A-Tonic
The Hex Zone is very shallow as the PCBs are mounted parallel to the panel.
I don't know if any changes would be needed for it to run on +/-12v,
but aside from that you could just trim the panel with a nibbler on the top and bottom, and make a power adapter cable (like the ones Mr. Mattson sells)
and you have your Euro version.

It is a really awesome module.
ignatius
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
The Hex Zone is very shallow as the PCBs are mounted parallel to the panel.
I don't know if any changes would be needed for it to run on +/-12v,
but aside from that you could just trim the panel with a nibbler on the top and bottom, and make a power adapter cable (like the ones Mr. Mattson sells)
and you have your Euro version.

It is a really awesome module.

oh, now you've done it. another sequencing option. must investigate further. the sequential switching is the mother load with the hexzone i think.
fluxmonkey
i've got one for sale...
Cybananna
Hex Zone is great! I love it too.
Sir Ruff
nice... very Autechre.

Been curious about these but not wanting to have to program anything. But from what I hear, it's pretty simple?
vmgas
extremely simple and very intuitive
very happy i have one in my system
tIB
Sir Ruff wrote:
nice... very Autechre.

Been curious about these but not wanting to have to program anything. But from what I hear, it's pretty simple?

Yeah its real easyand quick for the sequential programming, Im not stuck into the CV stuff yet but that seems a bit more cumbersome.... Im more into the sequential stuff personally.

Fluxmonkey has been contacted! woah
wetwetsuit
Hex zone is sooooo good. I hate programming and I figured mine out pretty quickly. As stated by others, the sequential switch is the real attraction for me as well. Figured out if you run a fast lfo into the switch IN it functions almost like a burst generator. Also just figured out you can divide the clock out! What!
tIB
Another one here: binary zone joins in too.

http://soundcloud.com/t18/outage

Fluxmonkey's hex has been bagged. w00t SlayerBadger!
ignatius
i've wanted one of these forever.. and now i have one on the way to me smile

found a PSU.. gonna just put the hexzone in a little box and put on the desk or something next to my eurorack. can't wait to check it out..
rezzn8r
w00t
Cybananna
zombie zombie zombie lol

Too bad frac is so unpopular. The hex zone is one of the best sequencers ever. we're not worthy
rezzn8r
Seeing this thread made me go and patch mine up this morning.
zombie zombie thread wins! zombie

I love love the green stackables for patching the gate and switch together
kingspill
This was helpful to me. Scroll down to Blacet to Doepfer Power Connector.
http://www.blacet.com/tech.html
My apologies if the link has been posted already.

I'm putting one Hexzone in a Dopefer beauty case and either redrilling the panel or mounting it on 1/2" standoffs. I haven't figured that part out yet.

I'm mostly Eurorack now but still LOVE my Frac modules, even my Paia filter.
It has it's own funk.
Ted2
i have a hex zone, i dunno, i don't feel like it fits in my system well. i have a tiny 2 rack system and i think it's not the best for it. there's not enough in the system to take advantage of the triggering, and it's too cumbersome to use as a main thing for programming cv output. i feel like it would be really great for larger systems. is this the case? maybe i'm using it wrong.
rezzn8r
Yes, I would say that the hex zone does shine brighter in larger systems. Especially in systems that can take advantage of all the gate outputs. I didn't add a hex to my system until I was past 6 racks.
Have you played around with the random step addressing?

Ted2 wrote:
i have a hex zone, i dunno, i don't feel like it fits in my system well. i have a tiny 2 rack system and i think it's not the best for it. there's not enough in the system to take advantage of the triggering, and it's too cumbersome to use as a main thing for programming cv output. i feel like it would be really great for larger systems. is this the case? maybe i'm using it wrong.
Ted2
oh yeah, that is quite fun. i think i'm gonna sell it though tbh, i think something else would be more economical in that space
tIB
Hello old friend!

2017-02-03_11-01-42 by sonofprent, on Flickr

This one has been on holiday with a view to a banana 4u conversion... will happen at some point. Meanwhile I'll manage with standalone and nana converting...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1