MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PSU Question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author PSU Question
satindas
Hi
I'm about to start the construction of my first Oakley module, the PSU. I plan to have about 30 modules in my system and wondered if anybody has used the PA30 which according to the PSU User Guide is as yet untested. Do I need it or will the PA20 suffice with 3 Dizzys. I have the R47s just in case. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.
Synthbuilder
satindas wrote:
I plan to have about 30 modules in my system...

That's a biggish system which needs at least 1A to run. Probably more to be honest once you start to patch.

Personally, I'd opt for two separate power supplies rather than trying to get one to do the lot.

Tony
satindas
Thanks Tony, I was wondering if that might be the case but can I run two low noise PSUs off 1 PA30, or should each be powered by separate PA20s? Sorry to be a pain but it obviously makes a difference as to which I use, the R82s or the R47s.
Synthbuilder
satindas wrote:
can I run two low noise PSUs off 1 PA30, or should each be powered by separate PA20s?

In theory you could run two PSUs from one PA30. The maximum current from the PA30 is listed as 1.4A but I don't think you should aim to take more than 1.2A in total.

Each PSU could be current limited to the maximum of the power pack. After all it would be very unlucky to short out both power supplies at once.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1