MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index MUFF WIGGLER
load & distance

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Is Wiard in Euro dead?!?!? or just sleeping....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Malekko Heavy Industry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Is Wiard in Euro dead?!?!? or just sleeping....
johnnywoods
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Is Wiard in Euro dead?!?!? or just sleeping.... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just curious...
the only announced Wiard module that hasn't seen release is the Anti-Envelope. I'm wondering if that was to be the "end of the line" for Malekko Wiard. I know Josh/Grant like to keep their cards relatively close to their chest, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I have every Wiard/Malekko module, and I love them to pieces... but I see Malekko moving on to other designs (which are also fantastic), and I'm just wondering if I should lower my expectations for future Wiard stuff. seriously, i just don't get it

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

curious as well. it does seem that malekko has other things on the horizon. the triple oscillator looks pretty interesting. i wonder if there are other digital modules in the works and if the series of 4hp modules will wrap up some time soon? the Qasr and VCA and weren't there others?

i think josh has a pretty heavy work load. so many pedals and various irons in the fire. hopefully we'll hear some news soon.

Wiard Wiard

MuffShop Agent
mono-poly
Le Cheff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope the JAG will come to one day.
And the mixolator razz

http://www.mono-poly.nl
http://www.noodlebar.org

WTB blue lantern purple vco
Votek_Mendo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mono-poly wrote:
I hope the JAG will come to one day.
And the mixolator razz

love
jenamu6
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SlayerBadger! unveil.....please? SlayerBadger!
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jenamu6&search_type=&aq=f
My modular noises:
http://soundcloud.com/jenamu6
wavehead
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wiard is the only reason I am still in euro format, so I hope this is not true. I doubt it is, it just seems like a lot of delays have come into place. Remember that the Wiard designs are being produced by josh, not designed by him... it is totally up to Grant when or if any of these things come out.

I really doubt that Josh isn't replying to the 3 trillion Anti-Envelope questions because he never has any intention on releasing it.
Entrainer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WTB: Anti-Envelope
In space no one can hear you wiggle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

+ 1 billion
you can't rush genius though hihi

Lord of all Wogglebugs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Wiard in Euro dead?!?!? or just sleeping.... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

johnnywoods wrote:
Just curious...
the only announced Wiard module that hasn't seen release is the Anti-Envelope. I'm wondering if that was to be the "end of the line" for Malekko Wiard. I know Josh/Grant like to keep their cards relatively close to their chest, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I have every Wiard/Malekko module, and I love them to pieces... but I see Malekko moving on to other designs (which are also fantastic), and I'm just wondering if I should lower my expectations for future Wiard stuff. seriously, i just don't get it

Well, if you have looked at the recent video of "Archangel's Thunderbird" you will know Wiard is not dead. I have just been enjoying being an artist and making music and videos rather than doing R&D.

There were a couple of attitude issues in myself I had to deal with. The Uncle Oscillator proved that the Euro-rack infrastructure is not stable enough for advanced designs. If the +/- 12 volt supplies were reliable, there would not have been any waveform glitches.

So at first I didn't think that it was possible to continue designing for +/- 12 volt systems where you can not count on the power supplies to be calibrated. But Cary Grace has encourage me to look at it as a design challenge rather than a dead end, so I have recently been working on solving the problem of internal shunt regulators to develop precision references that are independent of the power supply absolute value.

And I think I have it solved, so I can get back to working on finishing the remaining designs in the series.

There will always be the problem of the bussed ground system being noisier than the star grounding we use in the 300 series, but that is the difference in cost and people shouldn't expect professional results from an infrastructure designed from the ground up as "starter" systems and not full professional audio.

There is a rumor that Graham Hinton of Hinton Instruments may be introducing professional grade power supplies for the Euro format. These would have professional grounding techniques and adequate power conductors. Graham is one of my heros and his "Switchmix" module is the best I have ever seen (stainless steel faceplates no less).

So the simple answer is "No" Wiard is not finished with the Euro marketplace. I have had to learn the short comings of the Euro-rack infrastructure and how to adjust my design technique to compensate. That took some time.
Cthulhu
dogoftears
Puddle of Sealions

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Lord of All Wogglebugs has spoken... nice to hear from you Grant smile

I for one would vote for a Euro-JAG. My Blacet system always stays at home, i would love to have a gig-able JAG.

What exactly is the idea behind the anti-envelope?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Malekko Heavy Industry All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: