MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Substitue for LM3700 OTA on the Deep Equinoxe build
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Substitue for LM3700 OTA on the Deep Equinoxe build
kindredlost
I have the Deep Equinoxe issue 1 PCB coming in from Tony applause and am rounding up parts in the United States.

Is the New Japan Radio RJN13700 a workable substitute for the (obsolete) National Semi LM13700? It looks good, but I'm bad about missing something sometimes.

Otherwise I'll have to pay Never maintain cash savings again for the old chips. waah
kindredlost
Never mind. I have the issue 4 Equinoxe so this won't be happening anyway. I just found this out and feel pretty silly. d'oh! very frustrating Because my module is pretty new I assumed (never good) that it was a recent issue board.

I did notice the 13700 chips on board are JRC brand, so I guess Paul Darlow is using a New Japan Radio part for these boards too.

I may be selling this module if I decode to build the issue 5 module in the future. The upgrade to 6 and 8 stages is pretty tempting. Dammit! I was really looking forward to the new phaser sound.
negativspace
Yep, the NJR13700 (and 13600) work for me a substitutes for the LM parts. (Guess what's in the Equnioxe for which you answered my trimpot question?)
Tim Stinchcombe
kindredlost wrote:
...for the (obsolete) National Semi LM13700?
That's not the first time I have heard this in recent months - must be some sort of mis-information circulating, or I'm not reading the NatSemi website right. This

is taken from here:
http://www.national.com/mpf/LM/LM13700.html#Order
which looks to me as though it is certainly still available, and long may it continue to be so!

(The LM13700A was apparently obsoleted over 10 years ago - it looks to have been a slightly tighter spec'd variant, i.e. I guess they 'selected' them as they came off the line, but I'm guessing that most common or garden OTA circuits wouldn't notice the difference...)

Tim
kindredlost
When I do a search for domestic US supplies nothing comes up. I guess it isn't quite as popular around here or something. seriously, i just don't get it

The NJM13700D is pretty easy to find for some reason. It could be due to how easy it is for distribution to get and what markup there is.

regardless, its nice to know there is something to use. I wonder if there is any audible difference?
kindredlost
negativspace wrote:
Yep, the NJR13700 (and 13600) work for me a substitutes for the LM parts. (Guess what's in the Equnioxe for which you answered my trimpot question?)

Yes the issue 4 Equinoxe I have from Krisp1 has these in it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1