MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Cheap Video Converters/Peripherals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Cheap Video Converters/Peripherals
lizlarsen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, an update on the Pelco camera -- works great!!! It's a bit noisy with the AGC turned on, but you can easily switch it off on the backpanel. Very nice resolution. Genlock works just fine using an extra Color Video Encoder output. I'm going to have to order a couple more of these cameras, but yes, recommended!
snufkin
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nice Lars ! good to hear
MrDys
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Resurrecting a thread to let you know that I just picked one of these guys up. They're getting blown out at $20 with free shipping.

It's a multiformat card reader that will display stills and some encodings of video (MPEG-1, MJPEG). Outputs RCA. It has a slideshow mode with a few transitions.

I really just needed something that I could use to feed stills into my video modular for processing, and it looks like this will fit the bill, with some bonus features thrown in.

suitandtieguy wrote:
STG IS ALL ABOUT THE PLUR.
lizlarsen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's very cool, what a great price!
giorgio
NITE MIND

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

grabbed one of these. I've been trying to source cheap and simple digital video players for the past few days, and gonna use an old iphone as one as well although it wasn't as cheap to begin with...
revmutt
Knutty For Knobs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good catch. I bit too.

"tis better to be something then not at all"
nickciontea
brownshoesonly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

overkill, overcost but extremely over-versatile. i use my ipad for stills and stock footage
bitSmasher
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Continuing the discussion of peripherals - what else do you guys augment your systems with? in addition to the usual synths/mixers/effects...

I've found a video matrix switcher to be invaluable when running a lot of stand-alone devices. Something like Extron MAV or a Kramer unit is worth buying - good quality and clever features.

Also, very cheap security cameras are fun for mixing/keying in live use - the ones I bought (cheap Chinese stuff from ebay) do wired and wireless from the same camera and the wireless receiver uses analogue tuning which is great to slightly untune for added fuzz/glitch. The automatic brightness circuitry is really slow so gives good effect when stage lighting flashes on/off.

As an additional input, I keep a bunch of videos on my phone and pack an A/V cable for it. Can also stream YouTube videos if you feel the need. Will buy an ipod touch for this purpose soon enough, less liability!
lizlarsen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As for peripherals, I love the camera-mount adapters for microphone stands! I have a couple of boom mic stands and a short tabletop stand I use all the time. Mic stands can be wobbly, but they're very convenient, don't take up much space, are cheap, and probably more rugged/giggable than cheapo tripods within the same price point.
revmutt
Knutty For Knobs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use a couple of different types of camera to capture footage. Pxl 2000, color and black & white ccd cams, a hd helmet cam that has a slight wide angle to it.

I also use lighting and projection and process that.

"tis better to be something then not at all"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: