MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

BugModular - 1Frame Systems and DD3 in Minijack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author BugModular - 1Frame Systems and DD3 in Minijack
BugBrand
Here's a repost of today's Modular Mailout.

Quote:
Time, finally, to release a few complete setups!
& offer a new batch of Minijack DD3 modules
& mention a little show I'm doing later this week.

** 1Frame Setups **

Pictures on the BugBlog::: http://bugbrand.blogspot.com/2011/03/release.html

As you're probably aware, I haven't publicly released many of the Modular works because I've been focusing on the core system users. But while doing this I've been slowly building up stock of some modules and it has reached the point now where I've been able to put together 5 nice compact systems.

For these systems I've chosen to predetermine the choice of modules given what I feel is a balanced setup. So each system contains the three DD modules which offer compact utilities, along with a selection of Oscillators and Processing modules. I have put together two slightly different configurations - the Type1 has three of the SYN2A VCO while the Type2 configuration replaces one SYN2A with a PRC5 Wavefolder. There are three Type1 setups and two Type2 setups available. I'm thinking that the Type1 setup is somewhat similar to the old DroneMachine boxes I released a few years ago (Minus the audio input section, but with the addition of quite a few extras!).

All systems come in the standard Frame with MiniPower module installed and you have the option for either Desktop or 19" Rack EndCheeks to attach to the Frame.
UK and EU sales will include the 18VAC Power-pack for the MiniPower - US and other 120V countries must source their own from Jameco (link on the MiniPower module page).

There are slight variables in the prices given the EndCheek options etc, but pricing is just shy of £1100 per system (excluding VAT @ 20% UK/EU and shipping). A breakdown of the pricing is given on the BugBlog page.

So - how to actually decide who will have these?! Given demand and availability, I think the fairest way is to run another RAFFLE!

If you are seriously interested in purchasing one of these systems please reply to this email and let me know by Midday (UK time) Friday 18th March.
I will then put all the names in a hat and pick out five winners who will then be notified so we can determine the final total given shipping costs, VAT, etc.
[when joining the raffle you can state a preference of Type1 or Type2 system - or perhaps you don't mind which]

I'm only offering entry to the raffle to people already on the ModularMailingList - I know that people have been patiently waiting for systems for quite some time already!

Will there be more systems like this offered in the coming months? - sorry, I very much doubt it - not anytime soon at least.

**Minijack Modules**

There are still a few of the PRC5 Wavefolders available and today I've added the DD3 VCA/Drive module to the shop as well.
http://www.bugbrand.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_28
I've just uploaded some DD3 demo sounds to my Soundcloud account:
http://soundcloud.com/bugbrand/dd3-vca-drive-module

**A little show in Bristol**

This coming Thursday I'll be taking the Modular back down the road to where BugBrand was based for 5 years - the King Square Studios in Bristol.
For a show supporting Brazillian Duo 'Lote 3'.
http://ttyc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52468

That covers the major news in BugModularLand for now.
(though do look out for exciting 'standalone' news via the GeneralBugList in the next couple of weeks...)

Thanks as always!
Tom
blue_lu
If I didn't spend my money on the op-1 I would enter that raffle.

one of these mini systems is my next thing...

love your stuff, tom!
tragedybysyntax
Already sent you an email today Tom but, I"m trying to make some quick moves to get into the raffle! I'm afraid if I dont do it now.. i might be 80 by the time i get some bugbrand! THE FAT HAS GOT TO GET TRIMMED AROUND HERE QUICK twisted
thetonewrecker
Can't recommend these highly enough. BugBrand! w00t!! BugBrand!
a100user
thetonewrecker wrote:
Can't recommend these highly enough. BugBrand! w00t!! BugBrand!

100% agree - despite the size and variety of my Euro it's the BugBrand I go to first.
Low-Gain
I've been looking through my studio for things to sell in attempts of getting in the lottery for a type2system. >_< It's killing me. lol
You know caught the bug bad when you start wondering how much you can get for your cat...
dan_p
Low-Gain wrote:

You know caught the bug bad when you start wondering how much you can get for your cat...

you might get more if you split it up........

There's a kebab shop down the road that may take it whole for a discount if your desperate...
kosta
Is it mid-day Friday yet?
solitaryzen
Looking forward to receiving my minijack PRC5 & DD3.
BugBrand
kosta wrote:

Raffle done!
Sorry that many people will have to be disappointed -
Demand VS availability was a ratio of 4:1
Yikes!

solitaryzen wrote:

Emailed you about this -- sorry about the postal holdup!
Low-Gain
BugBrand wrote:
kosta wrote:

Raffle done!
Sorry that many people will have to be disappointed -
Demand VS availability was a ratio of 4:1
Yikes!

solitaryzen wrote:

Emailed you about this -- sorry about the postal holdup!

a good sign you should make more!!! hahaha
Job security
BugBrand
I hope your cat is OK?!!
Ekofisk
If not, the blood is on YOUR hands, enabler.
reignbear
waah
Maybe next time. Congrats to those who are getting systems.
kosta
Congrats all! Keep it Buggy.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1