MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

My first Blacets
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author My first Blacets
Reese P. Dubin
I am all giddy, having just ordered kits for the Improbability Drive, Miniwave, and Binary Zone.

This is my first real commercial modular gear, not counting the Synton. I am so very gassed. I will be doing them up with beautiful banana jacks to work with the rest of my system.

Can I really wait 5 days or so to get them?? want NOW!!!!!
Kwote
congrats. the ID is one of the next on my list. that and the window comparator. and of course the midiverter once that's available.
Cybananna
I love the ID. one of my favorite modules.
Kent
Blacet is so undervalued/under-respected. Good solid engineering and shit that nobody else is doing. You'll love 'em.
Reese P. Dubin
My big toe is sticking thru a hole in my left sock, and I just sent $500 to John B. Well organized priorities make life worth living!!!

Aw crap, now I am looking at all kinds of shit I should not be thinking about. I am on the slippery slope covered in baby oil...
johnnymad
Reese P. Dubin wrote:
I am on the slippery slope covered in baby oil...

aren't we all? i've got almost 9u of blacet and just started a eurorack system. i started it a couple weeks ago and already have 5 modules. help
Kent
Think of it as economy stimulus.
adamf
Kent wrote:
Think of it as economy stimulus.

Ha! That's exactly how I "justified" my last orders! We humans can talk ourselves into anything.
Norman_Phay
I just finished up building a Hex-Zone. It works (after a tiny little bit of troubleshooting) Tomorrow I'm going to have a play with it. It looks like a great little box.
Kwote
Norman_Phay wrote:
I just finished up building a Hex-Zone. It works (after a tiny little bit of troubleshooting) Tomorrow I'm going to have a play with it. It looks like a great little box.

Nice. you'll most likely love it.
cavage
Kent wrote:
Blacet is so undervalued/under-respected. Good solid engineering and shit that nobody else is doing. You'll love 'em.

i really dont understand why blacet is undervalued at all ...
i buyed "almost" in the same time a bunch of modules from dotcom/oakley/motm and blacet and lately i was even asking myself if i didnt make a mistake and would have prefered just buying blacet as i have more discovering and fun time playing with blacet than the big format...

now i guess i am happy with both and i dont want to get into format wars but my blacet system is really charming and i guess more on the "experimental" side ...
just love those modules, simply ...
and yes, blacet does things other manufacturers dont do and i love that too !

things like ID/BZ/MINIWAVE and such are to me impossible to let go !
chamomileshark
[quote="cavage"]
Kent wrote:
and yes, blacet does things other manufacturers dont do and i love that too !

things like ID/BZ/MINIWAVE and such are to me impossible to let go !

My thoughts too. I was thinking of maybe, possibly a small Serge system but things like the Miniwave (mine has the additional PPG/VS ROM) would be hard to give up. I get the feeling I've only touched the surface of that thing. Also with the Wiard filters and noise ring those are going to be hard to replace.

I was thinking about a Hex Zone but was less keen on the menu driving aspect. Perhaps the sequetial switch is a better way to go...

...and there was me thinking the Blacet system was complete...
cavage
i was afraid of the hex too for the same reason...
i decided to go modular in some way to get rid of any digital interface and menus ( because i had enough with the computer stuff wich i still mix with the modular ), i wanted the total analog feel ....
anyway, i ordered a hex because i trusted blacet due to the modules i own wich totally convinced me and i was not disapointed at all
the HEX may have a menu/sub menu but it , just as said on blacet site for promotion, keep totally the analog feeling... the menu is damm simple and totally intuitive to use/program...
it took me one hour to have fun with it and maybe a few more to get into more complex, i wont say i master it but i have no troubles, no pain, no slow learning process that restrain me DOING MUSIC !
the hex is intuitive and easy and in no way more complex or less ergonomic than a sq10 or maq16 or stuff like that
they really did a great job on it

erm i feel like i am a vendor for blacet here hehe
Cat-A-Tonic
I agree! The HexZone is great.
The Binary Zone is more fun to make new patterns with on a day to day basis,
but the Hex Zone has a built in 16 step sequential switch (loads of fun),
and memory so that you can take your time to write song compositions with chained sequences and save the whole thing for some other time.

I think a Frac loaded with a Hex Zone, Binary Zone, Window Comparator, and a Mini-Wave with the Scale Quantizer ROM is an incredibly powerful sequencing rig in a very compact space.
Throw in a MetalBox Divider&Logic in another Frac row, maybe a Burst Generator and/or a Gated Comparator too.
It just keeps getting better. The VC Divider looks pretty badass too.
I wonder if you could get close to the same amount of sequencing muscle in Euro in the same amount of space....
Reese P. Dubin
Oh man the delivery just got here, why oh why do I have to sit at work and look at the box??

And why oh why do I have a gig tonight so that I cant even dig into these babies?

WHY OH WHY.

And on second thought, I will be building them in their factory panels for now, perhaps I will repanel them someday down the road. I want these bitches working for me NOW.
Kwote
the hex is the heart of my latest recording project. dicking around with sequences that don't require specific notes is great fun but being able to program note for note without any quantizers what you want to hear is essential if you have a specific thing you want to work out.

and honestly the programming aspect is so simple it might as well be fully analog. i'm seriously thinking about getting 3 more.

4 Hex's is probably where i'll stop though but i just can't resist having atleast that many. smile
DGTom
That's totally what attracts me to the Hex Zone. From the manual it seems to be really similar to the way the MPC works, set up patterns & chain them together into songs. I have alot of 'ideas' about using the switch ins to create sequences where the VCO waves 'move with the music'

Two HZs, with the 2nd getting a divided clock from the 1st would be teh sikness!!!

I love my Blacets, there is something about the black + regimented panel width oooo lala!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1