MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Mounting rails
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Mounting rails
satindas
Hi, I'm trying to source mounting rails. What are the standard type used for 5U MOTM modules and where can I buy them? The only ones I've found so far are the caged nut type which I don't think are the right size... or are they? My case is kinda ready and I've used wood as potential rails , drill and screw style, but I'd rather use proper rails. Cheers
krisp14u
I have some metal rails for 19" rack cases but for what you want Bridechamber may be the best option
http://bridechamber.com/Cab_Mounting.html
stevenclements
satindas wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to source mounting rails. What are the standard type used for 5U MOTM modules and where can I buy them? The only ones I've found so far are the caged nut type which I don't think are the right size... or are they? My case is kinda ready and I've used wood as potential rails , drill and screw style, but I'd rather use proper rails. Cheers

I have a set for sale in the buy and sell area... with an OSS LFO
werock
krisp14u wrote:
I have some metal rails for 19" rack cases but for what you want Bridechamber may be the best option
http://bridechamber.com/Cab_Mounting.html

Do those Bridechamber ones take 1U panels? The photo is a bit small but it looks like the hole spacing is just for 2U panels. Just curious...
krisp14u
werock wrote:
Do those Bridechamber ones take 1U panels? The photo is a bit small but it looks like the hole spacing is just for 2U panels. Just curious...

Sure do I have 3 cases using them now
The big one uses 8 sets screaming goo yo

I’m using black M4 screws to hold the modules in so no need for expensive imports on the screws It's motherfucking bacon yo
werock
Wow!

Photos are called for I think.
satindas
Ok I think I've sussed it :
B&Q - Steel Flat (L)1000mm x (W)20mm x (T)4mm £4.03, x3
Farnell - TAP SET, M3X0.5MM, 3PC £6.49 ,
ASDA - 4x Theakstons Old Peculiar £7.20,
Saturday afternoon (until late!), Done
Guinness ftw!
Synthbuilder
satindas wrote:
B&Q - Steel Flat (L)1000mm x (W)20mm x (T)4mm £4.03, x3

20mm high may be a bit too big or are you going to hide it somehow. You only really need 12mm under the module faceplate. Any more than that and you may clash with the PCB and top pot.

satindas wrote:
Farnell - TAP SET, M3X0.5MM, 3PC £6.49

The panels are expecting bigger screws. Metric size M4 is fine although the US equivalent is what most rack mounting rails use.

satindas wrote:
ASDA - 4x Theakstons Old Peculiar £7.20.

Dead Banana

Tony
satindas
Synthbuilder wrote:
20mm high may be a bit too big or are you going to hide it somehow. You only really need 12mm under the module faceplate. Any more than that and you may clash with the PCB and top pot.

20mm is for central rail (double row cab) and bottom rail (10mm hidden), top rail is 10mm

synthbuilder wrote:
satindas wrote:
Farnell - TAP SET, M3X0.5MM, 3PC £6.49

The panels are expecting bigger screws. Metric size M4 is fine although the US equivalent is what most rack mounting rails use.

d'oh! M3 coming out of my ears at the mo... Thanks for the correction.

synthbuilder wrote:
satindas wrote:
ASDA - 4x Theakstons Old Peculiar £7.20.

Dead Banana
Tony

I'm in training for the Cambridge Weekend.... Chugging Beers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1