MUFF WIGGLER
you'll find what you're looking for, life's like that

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Fxpansion new Drum Synth - Tremor
Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Fxpansion new Drum Synth - Tremor
VanEck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Fxpansion new Drum Synth - Tremor Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Purchased this last night. Having a blast with it. Lots of potential for polyrythmic percussion programming. Sequencer also features probability capabilities like AD Tattoo (which I still really enjoy as a sequencer more than a Drumsynth). Incredibly intuitive interface with the possibility to modulate EVERYTHING quickly and easily with envelopes, LFOs, random seeds, S&H, etc.

The only two things I find it lacking within the sequencer is ability to generate pure random hits as opposed to just probability of written ones, and the ability to change time codes per drum voice... both features are something Tattoo features and would be nice to have here as well.

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube and modular demos
Nelson Baboon
is banned... again

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds interesting. I boycott fxpansion.
VanEck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nelson Baboon wrote:
I boycott fxpansion.

Care to elaborate?

Facebook
Twitter
Nelson Baboon
is banned... again

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sure. I have a special place in my heart for software companies who have reprehensible policies regarding selling their software. In fxpansion's case, they had a flat $50 fee to transfer the license. What I was trying to sell was their vst/au wrapper, which had cost me $79. They would not reconsider the policy.
VanEck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is lame indeed. This is the first piece of software I've been interested enough in to purchase from them.

Facebook
Twitter
Rymf
My hovercraft…is full of eels

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll just leave this here.

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's much worse software resale policies out there. Years ago I bought a piece of $16,000 software for the business my brother and I were running. I was curious and inquired about license transfers. The only way to transfer the license was to sell the whole business since the license was owned by the company. So that's $15k out the window, especially since that software company has been bought and sold 3 times since then, and the software is now $5000. It's cheaper and easier to buy a new license than try to catch up on the maintenance fees for the last 10 years which would end up being around $6-8k.

A $50 loss on something that I hope you would have gotten $50 worth of use isn't bad in my eyes. Not worth making it personal to me. seriously, i just don't get it
VanEck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rymf wrote:
I'll just leave this here.

I've been using Microtonic for many years now since its release. Great software. I don't see a lot of parallels when compared to Tremor though. Microtonic's sequencer can't do nearly any of the things Tremor introduces, nor does it compete with the modulation and built in effects features.

Other than it also being a Drum Synth, I don't see why you just left it here seriously, i just don't get it

Facebook
Twitter
Oldstench
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because it's a SYNTH that makes DRUM sounds. It's a DRUM SYNTH. Like every other DRUM SYNTH.

God, you people are so dense sometimes...
Nelson Baboon
is banned... again

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, that's fucking ridiculous. I think that charging more than 50% of the product as a transfer fee is obnoxious. I chose not to buy their software. In life, there are always worse injustices than the one that you have suffered, and I'm not sure how that's really relevant.

dkcg wrote:
There's much worse software resale policies out there. Years ago I bought a piece of $16,000 software for the business my brother and I were running. I was curious and inquired about license transfers. The only way to transfer the license was to sell the whole business since the license was owned by the company. So that's $15k out the window, especially since that software company has been bought and sold 3 times since then, and the software is now $5000. It's cheaper and easier to buy a new license than try to catch up on the maintenance fees for the last 10 years which would end up being around $6-8k.

A $50 loss on something that I hope you would have gotten $50 worth of use isn't bad in my eyes. Not worth making it personal to me. seriously, i just don't get it
VanEck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If only I kept using Microtonic instead of exploring new DRUM SYNTHS...

... I could have gone STATE.

Facebook
Twitter
Rymf
My hovercraft…is full of eels

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps I've been a bit cavalier in my initial judgement of Tremor.

I'm just going to go hang out by myself for a while, clear my head, you know?

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tremor is nice. i bought it. the sequencer is fun. it's a rpetty sweet gui in general and the modulation + FX are fun. seems to have a bit more range than uTonic which i also own and use.

i plan on using the shit out tremor along side uTonic and numerology inside audiomulch. smile makes me happy.

MuffShop Agent with a sense of humor
renderful
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This looks great, and I plan to buy it. The polyrhythmic sequencer and modulation system are the main features that I'm interested in. I own DCAM, and really dig the shared features such as transmod and synth engine.

I'm going to hold out for a bit, as I also own DrumSpillage and have barely scratched the surface on it. So far DrumSpillage is the most flexible drum synth I ve ever used.
ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

renderful wrote:
This looks great, and I plan to buy it. The polyrhythmic sequencer and modulation system are the main features that I'm interested in. I own DCAM, and really dig the shared features such as transmod and synth engine.

thats what grabbed my attention as well. i don't own any DCAM stuff though.

renderful wrote:
I'm going to hold out for a bit, as I also own DrumSpillage and have barely scratched the surface on it. So far DrumSpillage is the most flexible drum synth I ve ever used.

i love drum spillage! it's truly a beast and fun and weird or not weird.. whatever you want it to be. i got it on sale for like $49 or something through some promo.. was kind of a no brainer! i love that thing. already used it in a few tracks.

MuffShop Agent with a sense of humor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: