MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DEEP EQUINOXE PHASER BIAS ISSUE
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author DEEP EQUINOXE PHASER BIAS ISSUE
kecked
Hello, first post here.

I just build the DEEP phaser and gave it power and it didn't work. I for some reason tried dropping the negative rail from -15 to -11v and it started to work. So....I looked at the schematic and see that the tune trimmer adds or removes voltage in a suumer opamp. I figured I could use this to compensate in the same way. Nope it does nothing at all. Anyone else have this issue and how did you solve it. The unit works perfectly so long as the neg rail is about -11v and the positive rail is 15v.

Thanks
Synthbuilder
kecked wrote:
The unit works perfectly so long as the neg rail is about -11v and the positive rail is 15v.

Well, nothing definite comes to mind. However, I would be interested to note what is the current on the negative supply to the module. Both at -11V and -15V.

The other possible cause is that something is saturating... so check the 10K resistors around each pair of BC550s are actually 10K.

The other thing to possibly check is Q7 and R65. It may be worth swapping out Q7 with a new one.

Tony
kecked
-15=35ma -11=23ma

trying other ideas now
kecked
fixed. had q10 in backwards.
kindredlost
Those pesky CBE's hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1