MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

D/A A/D '09 Frac Plans...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author D/A A/D '09 Frac Plans...
D/A A/D

This will allow a shite load of tones (on its own) I do believe, and it will go excellent with my euro rig.

What do y'all think?

Alex
D/A A/D
dammit, now that I think about it... The Micro doesn't have a saw out... Shit. Well back to the drawing board.

Is the Window Comparators ramp out a sawtooth, IE - will the miniwave track to it?

Alex
Roycie Roller
That's a left-of-centre rack that does look pretty bloody powerful. Can't the Mini-Wave still be driven by any waveform, to varying degrees? Imagine a Quantizer eprom through the matrix mixer!
D/A A/D
After some more thinking and reading, I think this setup will actualy work better on its own:

This all hedges on the belief that the EG-1 goes into audio range, is this correct? Also, can the BI-N-TC go into sub audio?

Alex
Roycie Roller
Yep, it can do audio-rate oscillation (not sure what the hz/khz rate is). It also doubles as an LFO (via switch).
D/A A/D
Roycie Roller wrote:
Yep, it can do audio-rate oscillation (not sure what the hz/khz rate is). It also doubles as an LFO (via switch).

I knew it could rock a LFO, just didn't know about audio. Hmmm, I think we have a winner!
Cat-A-Tonic
I think you'll be happy with the long events capable with the EG1.
I personally haven't gotten it to go into audio rate, but I was probably doing it wrong.
You will want to take a look at the mods/tips & tricks threads on the EG1.

The ramp oscillator in the Window Comp. sounds great paired with the Mini-Wave and if you have an inverter it becomes the saw you seek.

The Bridechamber version of the Bi-N-Tic has a saw output too!
parasitk
If the bnt filter has a saw option you can probably ask metalbox to include it custom.
D/A A/D
parasitk wrote:
If the bnt filter has a saw option you can probably ask metalbox to include it custom.

I thought it already had that... Shit, well - I'll shoot them a email.
DGTom
A rough guesstimate, the EG1 will run around 170-180bpm, not sure what that is in Hz. Its Audio, but the Window Comparator Ramp has a wider range.

You can CV the timebase on the EG1 so it might go higher w/ a little help from a friend.
parasitk
D/A A/D wrote:
parasitk wrote:

I thought it already had that... Shit, well - I'll shoot them a email.

It might? I have no idea. I just guessed based on the post before mine.
fluxmonkey
D/A A/D wrote:
dammit, now that I think about it... The Micro doesn't have a saw out... Shit. Well back to the drawing board.

the waveMod control on the LFO will take it from ramp to tri to saw.

as cool as the matrix mix is, id go w/ a filter first...

b
D/A A/D
fluxmonkey wrote:
D/A A/D wrote:

the waveMod control on the LFO will take it from ramp to tri to saw.

as cool as the matrix mix is, id go w/ a filter first...

b

WaveMod on the micro lfo??? Ha, should have thought of that...

I am totally getting the Bi-N-Tic Filter, so yeah. Two of the reasons I am getting the matrix mixer is 1) the PSU will fit behind it) and 2) I really need one in my current setup.

DGTom wrote:
A rough guesstimate, the EG1 will run around 170-180bpm, not sure what that is in Hz. Its Audio, but the Window Comparator Ramp has a wider range.

You can CV the timebase on the EG1 so it might go higher w/ a little help from a friend.

The ramp on the WC is 0-5v, which I am worried about. Can anyone verify how the WC works with the miniwave?

Alex
adamf
Hi Alex,

I'm going down a similar path - trying to squeeze as much unique frac goodness into a small/moderate size system as possible this year. I really like the Metalbox tube vca. It can self oscillate via its feedback control and can be used as a kind of rude 2 channel mixer. I've also gotten some awesome feedback effects out of the plague bearer (which I now think of more as a wave shaper/feedback machine than a filter). I quite like the Metalbox digital noise as well. And...THe MOTM looping ADSR although it has shorter stage times than the Blacet is capable of... it can easily cycle in the audio range and has a nice big gate button on the panel. ohhh yeah... and for LFO/ audio rate insanity the Metalbox Super Psycho LFO is king. SIx oscillators! (I reckon it could easily be modded to add individual LFO outs as well if required). May I suggest you save the matrix mixer for your next rack??!!?

Regards,
Adam
D/A A/D
adamf wrote:
Hi Alex,

I'm going down a similar path - trying to squeeze as much unique frac goodness into a small/moderate size system as possible this year. I really like the Metalbox tube vca. It can self oscillate via its feedback control and can be used as a kind of rude 2 channel mixer. I've also gotten some awesome feedback effects out of the plague bearer (which I now think of more as a wave shaper/feedback machine than a filter). I quite like the Metalbox digital noise as well. And...THe MOTM looping ADSR although it has shorter stage times than the Blacet is capable of... it can easily cycle in the audio range and has a nice big gate button on the panel. ohhh yeah... and for LFO/ audio rate insanity the Metalbox Super Psycho LFO is king. SIx oscillators! (I reckon it could easily be modded to add individual LFO outs as well if required). May I suggest you save the matrix mixer for your next rack??!!?

Regards,
Adam

I don't really plan on building a huge Frac rig, 1 rack... I will be putting a lot of money into a ModCan in 2010. I really need the Matrix Mixer, so I don't mind taking the hit on space. I think this is what I will be rocking:

Ha, we'll see how long that lasts... d'oh!
zerosum
You can get a psycho LFO built into a Frac ear which will free up one more space for you w00t

I am really curious to hear your experience with the BNT and and Miniwave!
I want a BNT really bad.
Roycie Roller
I just had a look at the EG1 manual and the LFO can put out positive and negative ramp waves, which, at audio rate, i believe can drive the Mini-Wave (positive ramp will, at least). Has anyone tried this?
eyehue
zerosum wrote:
You can get a psycho LFO built into a Frac ear which will free up one more space for you w00t

I totally agree with that, Psycho LFOs fit in frac ears real nicely, I have two.
criticalmonkey
after borrowing a BnT and psyhco lfo for a weekend, I almost went frac too -
adding the matrix mixer really tempts me again
great design
adamf
Just thinkin'... if you're getting Frac particularly for the matrix, BiNTic and Miniwave.... there are /will be equivalents in Euro, which I think you already have an investment in. ie: Miniwave Euro adapter kit, Elby is going to do the BiNTic and the Harvestman mixer is soon to come... just thinkin'!

If you do go ahead with the Frac.. well I personally am going to end up with just as much frac as Euro ... pretty sure of that. So let's see you stop at one rack, 'specially once you've gotten hold of some fine Metalbox!!
D/A A/D
The EG is looking good... 4 hour events??? I mean seriously! Plus it gives me a 0-10v ramp for the MW...
humanfaculties
D/A A/D wrote:
The EG is looking good... 4 hour events??? I mean seriously! Plus it gives me a 0-10v ramp for the MW...

The Blacet EG is perfect for super slowmo, glacial time events; it excels at this. Such a quality module.
adamf
Glacial eh? I'd better have another look at the Blacet EG.
dougcl
For the record, the Miniwave will run on any input waveform.
D/A A/D
dougcl wrote:
For the record, the Miniwave will run on any input waveform.

In audio range?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2