MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla 292e as Oscillator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla 292e as Oscillator
dougcl
For those of you with small systems and only one oscillator, this patch can get you a second voice. There's even a spare channel to process your regular oscillator.

Even if you have plenty of oscillators, this is a nice throaty alternative that covers the lower register.

Malekko
ill be trying this out tomorrow It's motherfucking bacon yo
pickleinn
Simple enough......Me too applause applause

I don't experiment enough with feedback since switching from serge to Buchla.
solaris
dougcl wrote:
For those of you with small systems and only one oscillator, this patch can get you a second voice. There's even a spare channel to process your regular oscillator.

Yay, I came up with this one last week - I tried feedback within the 291e, got *really* harsh noisz.
Feedback with the 292e is less aggressive.
bsmith
this is very cool! is reminding me of r54 in a way, sonically and behaviorally (in the low register especially, with a little slew kind of thing) - trying to calibrate with silent way and getting an octave and change - acts much differently depending on where knobs are set. Thanks for showing this patch!
Solaris how did you have the 291e set up?
Badr0b0t
Oh boy! I haven't had time due to work to enjoy my system much recently. Got all Saturday morning to enjoy trying this out. Ok, where's the coffeee...

Thanks Doug!

applause
solaris
bsmith wrote:
Solaris how did you have the 291e set up?

ahah good question...
Well I patched it up in the most complicated way I could and involving of course the modulation inputs as well for some ultra-wild cross-modulations... It was really crazy and unstable.
I'll record something tomorrow but anyway I suggest you to try!
Kent
I've got the 297 and 291e quasi-permanently patched to the 210e for feedback adventures. Will have to have a go at the 292e now.
mono-poly
Audio?
amnesia
excellent! Thanks for sharing
Badr0b0t
Oh man. This is so fun. I was already going to buy another 292e but this pretty much seals the deal. I've been messing with various patches for a couple of hours today. So much fun! Love the analog feel.

w00t
prototek
This looks great Doug. Would somebody post an audio/video example already??!! eek!
amnesia
its def a nice analog sound
mono-poly
Audio or i'm not taking this topic serious.
7thDanSound
Audio and video:

I must say I loved this patch! I may not have gotten exactly what dougcl did but this sure is cool! w00t
dkcg
Who would have known! But it makes sense. Awesome idea Doug! Makes me wish I had 2 of them.
prototek
That's amazing. Not only does it oscillate, it also seems stable enough to effectively use! I'm tipping my hat to Doug for this one. w00t
7thDanSound
I'm just amazed by the patch. I particularly like and don't understand the stepping of the note when turning one of the knobs. The kick drum sound is also really cool w00t
prototek
7thDanSound wrote:
I particularly like and don't understand the stepping of the note when turning one of the knobs.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Kind of strange. Makes me wonder if it would present any problems if one tried to use it like a typical oscillator. Hmmm. Doug, do you know if it responds like the 259e/261e when controlling it's pitch with CV?
Lyonel
7thDanSound wrote:
The kick drum sound is also really cool

w00t w00t
dougcl
prototek wrote:
Doug, do you know if it responds like the 259e/261e when controlling it's pitch with CV?

Not in front of my system right now, but I think it only does the octave jumping under some settings, not in others. I think it depends on the amount of feedback coming back through the "timbre" control. I chalked up the behavior to the mathematics of feedback but didn't bother to look into it. I posted a couple of vids recently with no oscillators and a similar jumping happens with the 291e and 297. Seems there as well you can tune it in or out, depending on what you want to do. Note if you have a 210e, you can use it as a feedback attenuator to quantize the pitch of the 292e: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIu_Ba1u_08
This also frees up one of the 292e channels.
solaris
292e feedback - testing its response to pitch control via the 266e stored random voltages:

291e feedback/noise:

eben1000uk
thought i would have a go at this, and it's good fun!

the only sound source is the 292e

more info on my blog:
Its Full of Stars
PhineasFreak
thankyou for bumping this - i could gone months without coming across this thread!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1