MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hi, and some Bugbrand Modular videos
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Hi, and some Bugbrand Modular videos
otoskope
Hi all,

I was lucky to get one of the 1R systems, and have since I got it a few days ago made some videos, out of shear enthusiasm with this blue little wonder. I post them here for your enjoyment. Any feedback welcome!

/Palle

radams
Great work Palle - love your creativity !
a100user
Welcome to the world of Bug Palle and I must say some really nice patches there.
otoskope
Thanks! Well, it is so fun to play, this machine. Almost makes me want to sell my old boring Doepfer...but I'll keep the Wretch Machine (same league of fantastic weirdness as the Bugbrand!).
otoskope
Although I shouldn't have said that, considering your user name and avatar image .-) No offense, and I won't sell it... But they're very different to work with, Bug and Doepfer (I just have a small 2R standard system, though).
KNYST
welcome - nice sounds thumbs up
opsysbug
Hi and welcome! You are a lucky man to have that Buggy system (and a Wretch!)
Thanks for the great vids.Stay in touch with the forum-Tom's stuff
is much too rare-and have fun!! It's motherfucking bacon yo
thetonewrecker
Something about the angle of how the videos were shot made me imagine you had the rack mounted across the handlebars on your bike. Maybe it was the sunshine on the table too. Just peddling through town with great sounds flowing out to those you pass-by.

I appreciate getting to check some of these out.
otoskope
Haha, I love that image! I'll try tha some day, but I need a big battery-powered speaker on my bike then...
BugBrand
Great vids!

On the Bike thing ---- a few years ago I was planning to make a bike-synth project -- dynamo(s) to generate power and then on-board synth and amplifier. I imagined a lot of fun from making it all completely 'on board' the bike - also a lot of potential for interesting 'spacial' performance!
otoskope
emergencyofstate
Tom, I commute to work on my bike...let's do this!! hihi

Reminds me of a kickstarter project I saw a while back. It's digital in nature but very interesting.

http://www.synthgear.com/2010/diy/velosynth/
otoskope
I had a master's student once who implemented a PureData patch in a PDA that sonified wireless network stats using FM synthesis, as he was biking around. Sonifying the ether, so to speak.

I like Tom's suggestion that a bike-synth should be powered by a dynamo! Problem is, it rains a lot where I live...
radams
I wonder if you turned the speakers backwards if you could get a bit of propulsing action ! I dunno - that looks dangerous - in a good way !
BugBrand
The simplest sonification on bike is just to hook a speaker to a dynamo - got that tip from Michel Waisvisz.

Yeah, I also started trying to put magnets on the spokes - trying to make a kind of tone-wheel (like a hammond organ).
noise brigade
Nice sound going on
kkonkkrete
BugBrand wrote:
The simplest sonification on bike is just to hook a speaker to a dynamo - got that tip from Michel Waisvisz.

Yeah, I also started trying to put magnets on the spokes - trying to make a kind of tone-wheel (like a hammond organ).

You're blowing my mind.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1