MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ENV1 Question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author ENV1 Question
a100user
I used my Pressure Points and Brains as a sequencer last night and noticed an oddity.

The PP would only trigger the ENV1 when in ASR mode and not AD mode.

Any thoughts?

BTW if anyone has CTL1 Version 2 for sale - Banana only - drop me a line.

Thanks

David
BugBrand
Heya David - I don't know much about the PP / Brains but had a quick read over docs online.

This sounds a bit bizarre because any gate input passes through an internal comparator so if the ASR mode is working then so should the AD. The only possible problem I can think of off the top of my head is if the input was a very short trigger rather than a gate (ie very short positive pulse rather than an 'extended' high pulse) - after the comparator the signals split for either ASR or AD mode - AD mode goes through a cap to make a narrow pulse on transition so if the high-time was too short then perhaps this pulse isn't being generated.

What output of the PP/Brains is being used and can you check what sort of output signal it is creating?

Cheers, Tom
a100user
Hi Tom

I thought odd too as other Euro modules like the uStep work fine.

I was using the fourth gate output (far right skt on the top) which is the combined gate out. I'm not sure what the output of this actually is.

I'll pop a DVM on it and see what the voltage is (my old scope is busted so can't get a proper measurment).

I know there is nothing wrong with the ENV1 but was curious.

Thanks

David
a100user
The gate out on the PP is 4.49V.
BugBrand
There shouldn't be any problem with a gate like that - the threshold for the comparator is around 2V.

I'll see if I can do a test tomorrow with a gate level like that and try to figure what may be happening.
a100user
Cheers Tom,

Maybe it's the gate length as well? I however can't test that.

David
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1