MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Video Editor Freeware: do you have a tip for me ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Video Editor Freeware: do you have a tip for me ?
Funky40
Hello,

I'm in need of a Freeware Video Editor. ( edit Windows XP )
Maybe one of you Guys has hopefully a tip for me.

I need to do the following:
turn the videopictures 90°
cut the Video
enhance brightness
add my own sound to the video ( by mixing with original sound or by replacing. first is prefered )
conversion to mP4 ( or whatever needed )

i have a little camera taped to my RC Glider ( DLG ) and do film my flights.
Have to prepare for youtoube. Wanna add my modularmusic to the video

thanks,
ff
sandyb
google brought up this:

http://www.desktop-video-guide.com/top-5-free-video-editing-software-r eview.html

maybe try some of them out and see what works for you.
Funky40
Thank you,
thats exactly where i ended up yesterday.
Later down on your link they describe Windows Moviemaker and the apple thing as the best solutions,
well i tryed the windows.
what a crap ! stopped to belive such links.

another one which should list all freeware was addvertisments placed visualy as would be freeware.
no, thanks.

for a computer idiot, the net becomes harder to surf,
so i hoped for direct tips from users who know wink
Funky40
still in surch for a tip for XP
sandyb
i'm on a mac so no help for xp. sorry.
there were plenty of other ones available though - why not try some of them? like any software (perhaps even more so), video editing packages take a while to get the hang of, learn your way around the interface and how they do things.
Cayenne
this one may be a little over the top and have a steep learning curve ,(I havent tried it out yet) but it does sound like a pretty decent video editor.

http://www.lightworksbeta.com/

looks to have good audio support and I/O options for video, and its as far as I know now freeware , some options in it are pay and are shown on the features page marked by a *

others here will probably find this app useful as well as it looks to be a pretty versatile and advanced editing package , .

regards
Paul
Funky40
sandyb wrote:
- why not try some of them? like any software (perhaps even more so), video editing packages take a while to get the hang of, learn your way around the interface and how they do things.

i have no good experience with trying out software.
exactly some might be hard to use some not.
i might find the good one or might not.
why should everybody do the same work , why not just ask around if anybody else allready has donne ?
maybe you wanna dive one day into DLG gliders, save yourself month of resurch and ask me wink
thats how i see the game.
some are good in one thing, fools in another, some vice versa.
why not just asking, instead of doing everything by own ?

edit:
i'm surfing the web right now,
it's a nightmare
Funky40
still in surch for a tip for XP

need something that is easy to handle.
your into Video freeware ? please post your tips
thanks
sandyb
Funky40 wrote:
sandyb wrote:
- why not try some of them? like any software (perhaps even more so), video editing packages take a while to get the hang of, learn your way around the interface and how they do things.

i have no good experience with trying out software.
exactly some might be hard to use some not.
i might find the good one or might not.
why should everybody do the same work , why not just ask around if anybody else allready has donne ?
maybe you wanna dive one day into DLG gliders, save yourself month of resurch and ask me wink
thats how i see the game.
some are good in one thing, fools in another, some vice versa.
why not just asking, instead of doing everything by own ?

edit:
i'm surfing the web right now,
it's a nightmare

ok.

my point was that if you have no experience using video editing software they're all going to seem confusing and difficult and "crap."
they're not the sort of thing imho that you can immediately pick up and use and think they're great. they take a bit of time to learn. until you put a bit of effort into them you're not going to like any of them very much.

there's no problem with you asking for advice. i was trying to get the above point across somewhat badly i guess, given your reaction.

if i used xp i'd happily make some recommendations but i don't.

good luck

sandy
Funky40
Cayenne wrote:
this one may be a little over the top and have a steep learning curve ,(I havent tried it out yet) but it does sound like a pretty decent video editor.

http://www.lightworksbeta.com/

regards
Paul

thank you, can't find any words about the required hardware.
I guess my Pentium-III 1G/hz is a bit slow oops hehe
Funky40
sandyb wrote:

they're not the sort of thing imho that you can immediately pick up and use and think they're great. they take a bit of time to learn. until you put a bit of effort into them you're not going to like any of them very much.
good luck

sandy

exactly my Point ( see the bold part )
thats why i don't see so much chance to find myself a good freeware Video Editor within a acceptable loss of Nerves wink
hell, i tested out three now, well installed three, one i can't find on my computer, can't deinstall twisted
The other two where nothing for what i need.

hey Sandy, i know you just wanted to help Hug
problem on such threads is, there might be people who know the Video freeware stuff,
but they might think that help is there when seeing lots of posts,
or they might not wanna read thru 6posts to find out that the OP is still in search,
that was my concern.
The Net becomes harder to surf. eveywhere. so far my observations and my feel
snufkin
I don't think there are that many options out there for free

as most people use the mainstream programs and the difficulty of development in relation to demand for such applications is low compared to allot of other stuff music/word-processing and so on

the only thing I can say is maybe try some of the freeware aimed at VJs some of those programs might have some of the features your after but it will take a while to sift through them all

also tried ? http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-video-editor.htm any of these
lizlarsen
There was a recent thread about this:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29569
Some free options were brought up and discussed. Good luck!
Funky40
so i went with movie maker which was finally allready on my harddrive.
i know now again why i don't like windows stuff lol
video editing is not my thing. computers are not my thing lol

thanks everybody !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1