MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

A new toy everyday - Bugbrand drum machine
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author A new toy everyday - Bugbrand drum machine
darenager
Emulating drum machine sounds, fun times hihi

All sequenced using dividers and logic, no noise source, no fx, no midi, just pure Bugbrand goodness thumbs up

miditerranean
You are a mad man! Love this stuff! nanners

Hopefully some day I'll work my way up to a system as large as yours. w00t
Ekofisk
It's motherfucking bacon yo

Fantastic! Really digging the snare sound.

btw, there seems to be some visual noise to the left of the bugs. Beneath the coffeecup. Better clean that mess up!
Fnord
That was outstanding.
BugBrand
Bloody Amazing!
kkonkkrete
Sounds beautiful!

Can you give us some idea about how patched the different sounds? How did you generate the noise, for example. Thanks.
tIB
Superb! Guinness ftw!

Dueling banjos with my fracdrum and your bug would be insane!
BugBrand
kkonkkrete wrote:
Sounds beautiful!

Can you give us some idea about how patched the different sounds? How did you generate the noise, for example. Thanks.

Breakdown analysis would be great!
There's a bit of talk of such things in Daren's description for his last vid:
http://muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33547

Of course, I need to get the SYN1 Weevil module back into production - but after a brainwave last night this may actually be on the cards again..
darenager
Thanks everyone Guinness ftw!

I still have it patched up, so later when I get back I will do a breakdown of the sounds, I'm also going to make some of these sounds available as WAV files as I am working on a sample library at the moment.

As Tom has suggested the Weevil played quite a large part in some of these sounds, so it will be great to see it return, I suggest you make plenty Tom hihi It really is a superbly amazing thing, a Bugbrand signature classic along with the SV filter, which I need to pick up another 2 of ASAP! 4 ain't enough MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Art
Yes, please, I second the breakdown analysis. Love the sound you got there thumbs up

BugBrand wrote:
Of course, I need to get the SYN1 Weevil module back into production - but after a brainwave last night this may actually be on the cards again..

Really? woah love
darenager
Ok here's a breakdown of how I made the sounds

Kick - SV filter in LP mode, pinged by env1 with attack and decay set to zero, env1 signal fed into audio input and CV (FM) input of filter, adjust Q for decay and FM amount for percussive attack click, you can easily get 808 type booms or really vintage rhythm ace type kicks, increasing FM amount can give harder kicks. Adjusting frequency can go from subsonic to hi congas etc.

Snare - 2x TRI wave set to high freq (some Khz), 1 as audio, 1 FMing the audio one, into SV filter in BP mode, notch output from SV filter fed into CV (FM) input of SV filter, cutoff freq and FM amount set to about 3/4, Q set to about 1/3rd.

Handclap - 2 Squarewave outputs from Weevil (each FMing the other) into SV set to HP, ENV1 sweeping cutoff freq.

Hi-Hats - 3 OSC ringmod out from Weevil (each FMing its neighbor), freq and CV inputs both set to around 3/4 for each OSC but tuned for dissonace to create some nice cross mod beating akin to noise, (incidentally removing the CV inputs results in a more metallic sound very similar to 606 hats, when tuned correctly!)
The ringmod out from the Weevil goes into SV filter set to HP, in the clip I am using starve to warp the sound into other types of sound as it globally affects the tuning - of course sending a CV source in can yield some really nice variations and new sounds.

Clave - Saw set quite high, into LPG in both mode.

Cowbell - 2x Square, tuned and mixed, into LPG in both mode.

All the sequencing is achieved by sending a looping ENV1 into the divisions modules, then various outputs are sent to logic module for processing into the various patterns, the open hi hat is made by sending a pulse from division module into the decay CV of the ENV1.

Phew!
Johnisfaster
Really excellent. It's funny, I patch stuff up like this often and it's interesting to me that on one evening it'll be great and on another evening it'll just be a train wreck.
tIB
darenager wrote:
...a Bugbrand signature classic along with the SV filter, which I need to pick up another 2 of ASAP! 4 ain't enough MY ASS IS BLEEDING

THat filter has fast become my favourite... so liquidy. love
darenager
Yeah and it pings and rings so beautifully too, our man in Bristol know his onions hihi
tIB
^ The bug stuff was the basis of my most recent audio fart:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/tib/crocodile[/s]

Lots of filter ping's/tweaks, controlled by CTL1, into wavefolder and crusher before going out to some other toys.

Sorry for the hijack btw... essentially though it was you who got me into this mess. thumbs up love
darenager
^ Nice!

Wait - Crusher? CTL1? You are the B/S/T bloodhound!
tIB
Current bug section:

FxCam_1304014474141 by sonofprent, on Flickr

Control, crusher, wavefolder and filter... I really want the delay, I also had major lust for the LPG's but Im starting to think multiple filters might be better. Not that I have access to any of it... as you know I have a knack of finding the things I want though so...

Long term plan is to slowly build a proper standalone banana bug system (as Tom would want it hihi) when they are more avaliable.
miditerranean
tIB wrote:
darenager wrote:
...a Bugbrand signature classic along with the SV filter, which I need to pick up another 2 of ASAP! 4 ain't enough MY ASS IS BLEEDING

THat filter has fast become my favourite... so liquidy. love

Totally agree! Love it Love it!
Low-Gain
what bug logic module do u have?
darenager
CLK3A triple logic x2 thumbs up
darenager
tIB wrote:
Superb! Guinness ftw!

Dueling banjos with my fracdrum and your bug would be insane!

When you pop round Andy I think I'll set you loose on it, within 2 minutes you'll be hooked, it's like the kung-fu of modulars lol
tIB
I didnt touch tom's for fear of addiction. fnar.

1:07
radams
GREAT ! Good work Daren - sample library would be much appreciated !!!!!!
solitaryzen
BugBrand wrote:

PLEASE hyper ... and hopefully for us silly minijack folk smile
Art
Thanks for the detailed patch info, Daren. Much appreciated. That's quite an imaginative patching! we're not worthy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1